Page 224 of 721 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
    (1967, Columbia)

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Love - self titled
    (1966, Elektra)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
    (1967, Columbia)
    been looking for that one ...but no joy.

Love - self titled
    (1966, Elektra)
    an all time fav

nice weather today, cruised the Hawthorn record stores and hauled these home...the unreadable black one is "Natural Gas" ...yup I already have Gaucho & On the Border , but these were fantastic condition and only a buck
    (as they all were)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thumbs up

Family - Fearless
    (1971, United Artists)

UK psychedelic/progressive band; a cool layered-page gatefold cover. another excellent condition $2 flea market find yesterday, I saw this one first when flipping through the box, then other really interesting titles. I was expecting to find them trashed, but they are pristine, the seller said that he recorded them to reel to reel back in the day, and put away the records.
    Nice find! I own a few of Family's LPs. This is one of their more interesting outings to me in that it features John Wetton before he joined up with Uriah Heep/King Crimson etc. He lends some nice vocals to Spanish Tide (one of the albums highlights IMHO).... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_ATJYEerc
    Family's album "Bandstand" has some nice tracks as well--their albums were always kind of "inconsistent", but often had some nice tracks like "My Friend the Sun" with Wetton lending some nice harmonies..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPqiXLaqGE

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    been looking for that one ...but no joy.

an all time fav

nice weather today, cruised the Hawthorn record stores and hauled these home...the unreadable black one is "Natural Gas" ...yup I already have Gaucho & On the Border , but these were fantastic condition and only a buck
    (as they all were)
    Wow--I haven't seen the Natural Gas album in quite a while. They should win the award for most unknown "supergroup". Jerry Shirley (ex Humble Pie), Mark Clarke (ex Colloseum, Uriah Heep), Joey Molland (ex-Badfinger), produced by Felix Pappalardi (former member of Mountain, produced Cream, etc). I love this album. Joey wrote some great songs for it that sound as good to me as his work with Badfinger. His composition "Christmas Song" from the Natural Gas LP is a timeless classic IMHO

John Entwistle - Rigor Mortis Sets In
    (1973, Track)

recorded November 1972, some pretty lame Sha Na Na-style covers of classic 50's rock n' roll songs plus originals. a solo version of Entwistle's "My Wife" leads off side 2. interesting to have as an Entwistle compleatist, but disappointing otherwise.
    Yeah, this one was a real dud as far as I'm concerned. Hard to believe someone who recorded such amazing albums as Whistle Rhymes and Smash Your Head Against the Wall also recorded two duds (IMO) like this one and Mad Dog (which I didn't much care for either).....

Gene Ammons, Sonny Stitt - Boss Tenors
    (1961, Verve) V-8426 Mono pressing

Starts off with 8:45 of "Blues Up And Down" with Ammons and Stitt trading solo breaks and dueling in the chorus. More of the same on the 4 other tracks. John Houston, piano; Charles Williams, bass.

Love - self titled

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

an all time fav
    I agree, one of mine too along with their other two early records - Da Capo and Forever Changes - FC would be in my stack if I could only choose 5 records. Arthur Lee composed some interesting music and lyrics which don't sound dated at all to my ears. sublime.

Family - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    Nice find! I own a few of Family's LPs. This is one of their more interesting outings to me in that it features John Wetton before he joined up with Uriah Heep/King Crimson etc. He lends some nice vocals to Spanish Tide (one of the albums highlights IMHO).... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_ATJYEerc
    Family's album "Bandstand" has some nice tracks as well--their albums were always kind of "inconsistent", but often had some nice tracks like "My Friend the Sun" with Wetton lending some nice harmonies..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPqiXLaqGE
    Thanks. I recognized Wetton but had not placed him with Uriah Heep and King Crimson. I enjoyed this record - great progressive rock.

Love - Forever Changes
    (1967, Elektra)

every time I listen to this I wonder why I took so long to listen to it again. great record, Arthur Lee's masterpiece.

Love - Forever Changes
    (1967, Elektra)

every time I listen to this I wonder why I took so long to listen to it again. great record, Arthur Lee's masterpiece.
    I just returned that CD to the lib yesterday ...I also think that Lee is a very under appreciated talent.

Picked up these 2 and to nab my held copy of Cream "wheels of fire" on my next visit..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Talk about making you feel old!!

Just saw the Amazon ad for the 40th Anniversary Edition of Caravan's Land of the Grey & Pink ...

I'm a big fan of the various Canterbury bands, but - ye gods! 40 years already??
    what a big silly grin of a prog album!

BTW - if you are in the US and you are interested, its cheaper to order via Amazon Uk for 20 some bucks (£13.91) than to pay 30 some bucks to Amazon US ...

Name:  40G&P.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  28.3 KB

... Don't leave your Dad in the rain ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Soft Machine - Third
    (1970, Columbia)

2 LP release with a single track on each side. Listening to record 1 with "Facelift" and "Slightly All The Time" . Progressive rock with electronic sounds, fusion jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

I'm a big fan of the various Canterbury bands, but - ye gods! 40 years already??
    what a big silly grin of a prog album!

speaking of Canterbury bands... I saw your Caravan spin after posting Soft Machine.

The Back-Wash Rhythm Band - The Golden Breed / Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    [Capitol 1968]

Name:  DSC05497.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  248.0 KBName:  DSC05500.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  232.5 KB

Scored by Mike Curb, Jerry Styner, Harley Hatcher. Couple of tunes by Davie Allan & The Arrows. "Waimea Bay" = Cool !!!. Summer fun

The Velvet Underground - self titled
    (1969, MGM) 1984 Verve reissue, mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound

The Ramones - End Of The Century
    (1980, Sire) AMIGO PB in the deadwax; produced by Phil Spector

a $1 garage sale find today.

The Doors - L.A. Woman
    (1971, Elektra) 1983 pressing with red/black label

Thread Information