Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL 4312SE vs 4312E vs 4312D ? Help?

JBL 4312SE vs 4312E vs 4312D ? Help?

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/id_4312se.html

JBL Introduces 4312SE High-Performance Studio Monitor Bookshelf Loudspeaker in Honor of 70th Anniversary of the JBL Brand

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/01...itor.html#more

http://news.harman.com/releases/jbl-...-the-jbl-brand

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/id_4312e.html

Looks like JBL has introduced an anniversary edition of the 4312 speakers. I have a pair of the 4312D's and really like them. Is there enough of a difference or improvement to get the new 4312SE speakers? They seem more low power friendly and specs are fairly similar but I don't know enough to know what the differences are between them.

Can anyone recommend the 4312SE Anniversary edition?

Thank you so much!

I don't think anyone here has heard them. I haven't. From looking at the sales material, it looks like an all new design with all different drivers and a real crossover network. So it should be a lot better.

My dealer is getting me pricing, so I have no idea at this point what they cost. I hope the price is reasonable. Thank you, Don, for your input.

Unfair to judge a book by its cover, but . . .

They're calling this a wave-guide. I guess I'd be more impressed if it leaned more toward the technology in the M2 and the LSR monitors rather than this little piece of plastic. Not saying it won't work, it just looks like it came out of a $99.95 speaker. On the other hand, the 1200FE-8 is an impressive piece!

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I'm pretty sure the tweeter is a variation of the Vifa/Tymphany part used by PSB in almost all their speakers, and by Revel a while ago in the original Performa line I think.

Looks interesting. Shame to lose the neo Differential Drive woofer, though an actual woofer-mid crossover is a thoughtful touch.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/id_4312se.html

JBL Introduces 4312SE High-Performance Studio Monitor Bookshelf Loudspeaker in Honor of 70th Anniversary of the JBL Brand

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/01...itor.html#more

http://news.harman.com/releases/jbl-...-the-jbl-brand

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/id_4312e.html

Looks like JBL has introduced an anniversary edition of the 4312 speakers. I have a pair of the 4312D's and really like them. Is there enough of a difference or improvement to get the new 4312SE speakers? They seem more low power friendly and specs are fairly similar but I don't know enough to know what the differences are between them.

Can anyone recommend the 4312SE Anniversary edition?

Thank you so much!
    Forget 4312 series,take a look at 4429
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    They're calling this a wave-guide. I guess I'd be more impressed if it leaned more toward the technology in the M2 and the LSR monitors rather than this little piece of plastic. Not saying it won't work, it just looks like it came out of a $99.95 speaker. On the other hand, the 1200FE-8 is an impressive piece!

They call it wave-guide?JBL call it wave-guide?
    46 lover

Thank you. I will. I get the idea that the 4429's are really good and under rated.

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Forget 4312 series,take a look at 4429

They did:
    HIGH FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER: 1-inch (25mm) Magnesium/Aluminum Alloy dome tweeter with waveguide (054ALMg-1)
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

It is a waveguide. It doesn't look like an M2 waveguide because the length of longest waves it handles are much shorter.

Well, I could not wait any longer for information or opinions and ordered a pair. I’ve had them for about a month and absolutely love them. The 4312SE 70th anniversary speakers are absolutely a fun time.

Name:  C2CFF58E-4D50-4288-940E-ABE47039295E.jpg
Views: 5736
Size:  122.2 KB

Nice!
    So how do they compare with the classic 4312 series?
    With that kind of woofer and crossover topology they ought to be closer to a 4412 or lsr32, so I am curious if the designers managed (or even tried) to maintain a 4312 type of sound.

Well, I could not wait any longer for information or opinions and ordered a pair. I’ve had them for about a month and absolutely love them. The 4312SE 70th anniversary speakers are absolutely a fun time.

Name:  C2CFF58E-4D50-4288-940E-ABE47039295E.jpg
Views: 5736
Size:  122.2 KB
    Congratulations
    46 lover

Thank you so much. I can’t give you a proper answer. My brother bought my original 4312D. They only cost under $500 on close out. I briefly played them and enjoyed them but these 70th anniversary speakers are better straight out of the box. They seem to do a lot right while not being the last word in all those audiophile adjectives. I’m not trying to analyze the music but just enjoy and enjoy I absolutely am. I’m not totally familiar with JBL history but have always found myself drawn in and loving them, regardless of model.

Thank you so much. I can’t give you a proper answer. My brother bought my original 4312D. They only cost under $500 on close out. I briefly played them and enjoyed them but these 70th anniversary speakers are better straight out of the box. They seem to do a lot right while not being the last word in all those audiophile adjectives. I’m not trying to analyze the music but just enjoy and enjoy I absolutely am. I’m not totally familiar with JBL history but have always found myself drawn in and loving them, regardless of model.
    Looking at these speakers myself, and curious to know your opinion after having listened to them over the last six months.

I'd be replacing a set of JBL L-50s approaching nearly 40 years old.

What amp are you using? I've got a Yamaha A-S2000.

Thread Information