Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dream or nightmare?: "jbl sessions" tracks, can we use them?

Cross pollinating this in a new thread!

Because the people are asking ...
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...lbum-from-1973
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Sessions on cd

Drew was kind enough to send me a 2 cd set of sessions that he was working on years ago. We had several conversations about his project. I was told specifically not to reproduce it or share it. That was 15 or so years ago. Never knew what happened to the project but, I suspect it was shelved when he passed away. That 2 cd set is one of my valued treasures as are the memories of my conversations with drew!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Electron View Post
    Hi dudes!

Yesterday I was looking for an app install CD and found what may or may not be a treasure for Lansingians.

I have had this for about 5 years and had not given it much thought. But right now I am.

It is a two-cd set of "SESSIONS" given to me by the Late Great Drew Daniels. It must have been made off the LP, or knowing Drew's past work, who knows what his source materals were. In respect to him, I know it is best not to hang around, gabbing about technical this and that, a practice which he did not indulge in with his studio's clients. He just worked his magic and you got an excellent recording(s).

I would like to be able to upload the tracks to a good file server outfit such as speedy share.net and/or Lansing.org, so that we can all at least hear what the great production was all about, as well as the use of JBL monitors as essential tools in big-time pro recording.

The last time I recall reading a thread re "Sesssions", it was was a ghost and no one really knew who owned the "publishing". And, no one seemed to know exactly where the physical media resides. To have it searched for demanded a steep fee.

Anyone have some ideas on this?

Thanks, Richard

"I was told specifically not to reproduce it or share it. "

I guess that out of respect for a dead man's last wish, these files should indeed not be reproduced or shared.
    Or his ghost might come back to haunt you...

Whadayathink?

Drew Daniels copyrighted content

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    "I was told specifically not to reproduce it or share it. "

I guess that out of respect for a dead man's last wish, these files should indeed not be reproduced or shared.
    Or his ghost might come back to haunt you...

Whadayathink?
    Of all the content on the CD's (2), I think the revised liner notes and perhaps two or so remastered tracks apply. I will recheck that later today.

BTW The original copyright for the LP's was filed by James B. Lansing Sound, Inc. This info had been somewhat of a mystery, BUT NOW THE TRUTH CAN BE TOLD!

-D_E-
    Last edited by Doctor_Electron; 06-21-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Loose nut behind the keyboard.
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Thread Information