Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1683

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Thanks Thomas. I'll play around with the plugin a bit but I may have more questions!

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    This is probably described somewhere in the manual, but basically you have to click on each FIR bloc, click on "browse" and select the bin file, then click the "send to DSP" button.
    You need to redo this for all the presets you want to use.

Also make sure the "FIR bypass" button is not activated!
    You are right the openDRC manual covers the loading of the files.

Just to confirm, in rephase, after I've clicked Generate, I create the .bin files by simply using "save as" in the File drop down menu - correct ?

I will send you a PM to avoid polluting this thread with rephase specific questions.

The M2s come with quite big rubber feet that raise the speaker about an inch off the floor. I'd like to remove the feet and replace them with much thinner felt pads. This would both lower the overall height slightly and make it easier to move the speakers on my wooden floor. However it would also bring the ports and drivers a little nearer the floor. I doubt this will have any significant impact on the sound quality. Does anyone have reason to believe I'm wrong?

I can't imagine that being an issue.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

You probably won't notice a difference, but coupling or decoupling is often a good thing.

Im using these under my clones:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 2696
Size:  18.8 KB

They are called soundcare superspikes, and you can put felt under. Easy to move and adjust for uneven floors (as mine...)

I don't know the thread diameter in the inserts on the original M2 though...

Wink MiniDSP 2x4 calibrated settings

Hi all!
    I've measured the output of the miniDSP 2x4 (using pos' approximated settings), and adjusted/ calibrated these to within +/- 0.1dB of the reference response curves.
    This should now be just as accurate as the OpenDRC FIR version.

A bit tricky, and I had to use advanced mode for the crossovers, so that I could use the remaining biquads for response corrections.

You could now use a single miniDSP 2x4 for both speakers: (IN1-right, IN2-left, OUT1-right-HF, OUT2-right-LF, OUT3-left-HF, OUT4-left-LF),
    or one miniDSP for each speaker, and run these balanced for better s/n ratio: (IN1+, IN2-, OUT1-HF+, OUT2-LF+, OUT3-HF-, OUT4-LF-). For this you need to make 3 pcs balanced to 2x rca for each module.

I've included the settings file (for the 2-way advanced plugin), and (for those interested) the measured response curves in xps format.

PS:
    I'll probably make settings files for the new 2x4HD and the PWRice plate amp, when I have the time.

M2-MiniDSP-2x4.zip

MiniDSP PWRice (plateamp) calibrated settings

See post #1507.

This is a calibrated settings file for the PWRice series plateamps. +/- 0.1dB of the reference response.
    Plugin is RWRice2_2x2_103.

I've included the actual measurements of the outputs in .xps format.

All gain sliders should be set to zero (gain difference between tweeter and woofer, 0.6dB, is set using one biquad), you only need to load the file, choose analog or digital input, and assign amp as left or right (though only needed when using digital in, for analog you can just choose L+R mixed).

I'll be using these in my own M2 clones, and doing hardware bridging of the 250asx2 together with an added (bridged) 50asx2 for 500 + 100W (8ohm).

Best of luck to you builders out there!
    M2-PWRice.zip

Very nice!
    I did not know the plate amps did have enough EQ points to make it work.

What reference curves did you use?

Very nice!
    I did not know the plate amps did have enough EQ points to make it work.

Neither the 2x4 or the plate amps have enough PEQ, so the remaining points (including shelving) I had to implement by using free biquads in the "advanced" crossover mode.

The PWR-ice has 12 input PEQ's, and I had to use three of these for some minor LF corrections, but they are at frequencies and magnitude that won't effect the HF.
    There are still 3 unused input PEQ's for some simple room tweaking...

The PWR are a very good solution for home use then!

The PWR are a very good solution for home use then!
    Sorry, forgot to answer you on this.
    I used the curves from your google doc, that I understand are derived from a BLU-100 unit.

The PWR-ice 250 is nice for home use - but has a low hum (design flaw by a ground loop), and also runs a bit hot - I'm modding it with a heatsink, and HW bridging the modules (250asx2 + 50asx2) with one DRV-134 chip for each icepwr module. This will take care of both issues.
    Still - I feel bad about cutting bigger holes in the rear of my clones - as I have already mounted 2-way terminals and was planning to use an external amp.

I just noticed something strange: The photo of the D2430K-M2 #5032754 on the speaker exchange website:

http://reconingspeakers.com/?s=D2430K&post_type=product

Note the yellowish sticker of the M2 version.
    The pair that I received back when it was still available had a white sticker, and had the correct serial number and "M2" indication on them.

The pair that I received back when it was still available had a white sticker, and had the correct serial number and "M2" indication on them.
    Me too.

Name:  IMG_4731.jpg
Views: 2421
Size:  96.1 KB

My pair has yellow stickers but PN and M2 indication are there.

I just noticed something strange: The photo of the D2430K-M2 #5032754 on the speaker exchange website:

http://reconingspeakers.com/?s=D2430K&post_type=product

Note the yellowish sticker of the M2 version.

Thread Information