Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M.J. Has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I don't tolerate child molesters - and its an insult to imply otherwise,
    but NONE OF US know anything about the guy other than what the publicity machines told us.

Me, I never felt he was an actual child molester.
    Most child molesters are family members, not outsiders
    (except for the occasional bad priests we hear about - and they are trusted insiders, if not actual "family")

I never knew him personally, I have no direct knowledge,
    but he really seemed more like a lost child than anything else ...
    ... just a kid that wanted other kids for friends, and as a gay women,
    I know firsthand that the world (people) are astonishingly cruel if you seem at all different.

But - considering his net worth, I am sure there were plenty of people that figured they could accuse him,
    that everyone would believe them, and that they'd have an easy chance to grab a pot of his money.

There are some serious litigious ba$tards in this country.
    Very good points all, you got that right there Heather.

Now, about this.... Cocaine! Who here remembers this one? "I get a kick from Cocaine!" (Cole Porter? am I close) I like Satchmo's version of it.
    Also there's the more popular modern version which we are all familiar with:
    "When YOu want to get down you gotta... take her out....Cocaine!"
    (its just a fun word to pronounce, try saying it in public)
    Of course it brings people together, otherwise it would not be so popular. Not like meth, for which there are no iconic songs written about its virtues , I guess because it does not have any! other than f___ing up your life & making it so that those teeth whitening strips become basically useless!

(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not the views of the forum & should not be misconstrued as an endorsement for cocaine, which is bad! and are expressed solely for entertainment purposes & perhaps the odd chuckle)
    Just Play Music.

I was never that great of a fan of his nor did I buy his music. But who has not heard it and who hasn't enjoyed watching his videos when they came out on MTV. He was indeed a freak. He was also so much a part of our culture and our growing up. His passing saddens me especially on the same day that Farrah passed. She was another part of my growing up. Without judging anyone it saddens me because thier passing reminds me how temporary our lives are, and how fast time flies!

My sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    I was never that great of a fan of his nor did I buy his music. But who has not heard it and who hasn't enjoyed watching his videos when they came out on MTV. He was indeed a freak. He was also so much a part of our culture and our growing up. His passing saddens me especially on the same day that Farrah passed. She was another part of my growing up. Without judging anyone it saddens me because thier passing reminds me how temporary our lives are, and how fast time flies!
    However important he was in our lives, he was in our lives and for most, from an early age. And now that kid is gone. Another reality check.

As a finance professional for 30+ years, I don't understand why people keep assuming his estate will have any money or assets to distribute to heirs.

His troubled finances have been chronicled in the press for many years. ...basicaly, he has been financially insolvent for several years meaning he was unable to pay his debts as they became due.

The recent "short sale" of Neverland Rance to lenders for roughly one half of the outstanding mortgage is just one expample. His failure to pay withholding taxes on employee wages in California is another. Hell, this man even routinely stiffed his attorneys!

It is estimated at the time of death that his debts exceeded his assets by approximately $500 million (thats one half a billion!). If the 50 London concerts were successful he would have earned approximetely $100 million BEFORE taxes.

Does that give you an idea as to the ill health of his finances? LIKE SO MANY OTHER HOLLYWOOD TYPES, THE MAN WAS BROKE AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH.

I would not want to be the MD that was present at the house where he was found before his death.

No one knows for sure, yet.........

Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    As a finance professional for 30+ years, I don't understand why people keep assuming his estate will have any money or assets to distribute to heirs.

His troubled finances have been chronicled in the press for many years. ...basicaly, he has been financially insolvent for several years meaning he was unable to pay his debts as they became due.

The recent "short sale" of Neverland Rance to lenders for roughly one half of the outstanding mortgage is just one expample. His failure to pay withholding taxes on employee wages in California is another. Hell, this man even routinely stiffed his attorneys!

It is estimated at the time of death that his debts exceeded his assets by approximately $500 million (thats one half a billion!). If the 50 London concerts were successful he would have earned approximetely $100 million BEFORE taxes.

Does that give you an idea as to the ill health of his finances? LIKE SO MANY OTHER HOLLYWOOD TYPES, THE MAN WAS BROKE AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH.

I would not want to be the MD that was present at the house where he was found before his death.
    what he/his estate owned in intellectual/copyright property. If he sold it all off, then your assertion will be correct. That will be the crux of whether his estate will flourish.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrobso View Post
    His talent was huge! The late Fred Astaire was asked shortly before he died who he thought was the best dancer at that time and he said Michael Jackson!
    I have a copy of his Thriller album on Laser Disk, guess I'll get it out and fire up my LD player and watch it.
    Oh, that’s interesting please by all means post it on Youtube.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    I’m really surprised to hear that you feel this way. I’m assuming we’re all here because we love music, and that’s the driving force that fuels our love of JBL’s.
    Good point! I wonder was Michael Jackson a JBL user at home was JBL used at any of his concerts.

Hell, this man even routinely stiffed his attorneys!
    Well, what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I don't tolerate child molesters - and its an insult to imply otherwise,
    but NONE OF US know anything about the guy other than what the publicity machines told us.

Me, I never felt he was an actual child molester.
    Most child molesters are family members, not outsiders
    (except for the occasional bad priests we hear about - and they are trusted insiders, if not actual "family")

I never knew him personally, I have no direct knowledge,
    but he really seemed more like a lost child than anything else ...
    ... just a kid that wanted other kids for friends, and as a gay women,
    I know firsthand that the world (people) are astonishingly cruel if you seem at all different.

But - considering his net worth, I am sure there were plenty of people that figured they could accuse him,
    that everyone would believe them, and that they'd have an easy chance to grab a pot of his money.

There are some serious litigious ba$tards in this country.
    Could not agree more with this entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    First it was the "King of Rock" now the "King of Pop"

I could of swore I started this thread but somehow it is the 6th. post now?

Blame it the mods (everyone else does!)

1 thread was started and then a new thread started and the mods merged the old thread into the new one ..

In their favour, I think yours had been in the off topic area, and this thread was more public ...drew more honey, as it were ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

As a finance proffessional you may or may not know that from royalties alone the guy was worth tens of millions and perhaps more. Did you mother not teach you not to speak ill of the dead? Regardless of your opinion of one of the greatest artists of all time it would be prudent to keep those opinions to yourself until a time when we know all the facts. Although I am not a major fan, as a musician, his greatness and contribution to the music industry will be missed as will his countless donations to childrens charities across the world.

Allan.

MJ..RIP

this financial troll troubles the wound yet again ...

Will No One Rid Me of This Meddlesome Piece ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645

What time was it posted because I think it’s based on time?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    As a finance proffessional you may or may not know that from royalties alone the guy was worth tens of millions and perhaps more. Did you mother not teach you not to speak ill of the dead? Regardless of your opinion of one of the greatest artists of all time it would be prudent to keep those opinions to yourself until a time when we know all the facts. Although I am not a major fan, as a musician, his greatness and contribution to the music industry will be missed as will his countless donations to childrens charities across the world.

Allan.

MJ..RIP
    So he could have just relaxed and lived off the royalties no? And maybe he’d still be around, hmm?

Thread Information