Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The JBL 4345 Club

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    That would be an interesting picture! I'm still looking for a reason to either buy or not buy the NC 4345 (if the seller ever makes up his mind) but, since I already perspire profusely and my home isn't air-conditioned, your description of the composition of the 4345 bass might just provide a tipping point. My 030's have produced dry, if somewhat limited, bass for half a century. Have you tried an anti-perspirant on your 2254Hs to see if that helps? Maybe some terry-cloth under the cabinets?
    Typo.

The bass is the best part of it imho.

At this point your a tyre kicker

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    Ian will back me up or shoot me down here, but it sure looks like HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The supercomputer from U of I in Champaign-Urbana with a few important issues (explained in 2010 - conflicting instructions). The film was released about 1968, but oddly enough the campus at Urbana did become a world center for supercomputing development. Want to build your own from old PCs? Google "Beowulf computing."

I have wondered about angling them up. too. Studio soffit mounting angled them down to face the listener, so why not? Unless of course the move does not successfully uncouple the box from the floor.

Clark
    Your guessed it. Between that film and this place there are some remarkable similarities.....LOL. Its an avatar also used by Nelson Pass.

Rich's got the idea.

They need to be off the floor and everyones place is different so you will have to play with it.

I had thought of an adjustable stand as well using either a pivot bearing and lock pins for height adjustment but it would have to be welded

Laid Back 4345's

Good idea Ian and definitely worth looking into. There's plenty of design options here and playing around with them's half the fun, I have pretty deep carpet and was thinking of spiking as well tilting and then tilting . thanks a bunch!

Rich! Thanks for the sketch, yes, that would do nicely

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I believe he's sincere, but he's also trying to maximize his income from these without having to go to the trouble of shipping them. I'm not even sure matching his asking price and picking them up would get them now. A proper purchase works itself out. I'm not going to agonize over it.
    I would'nt! I am sure another pair will emerge in due time. He's probably going to try and cash in on these pups. It aint over till its over and these kinds of things can fall apart pretty quickly. He'll easily get his top asking price but I dont think I personally would be going too far beyond that unless they were mint, just MO. Lets see how this plays out, dont throw in the towel just yet.
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Rich's got the idea.

They need to be off the floor and everyones place is different so you will have to play with it.

I had thought of an adjustable stand as well using either a pivot bearing and lock pins for height adjustment but it would have to be welded
    ADS did just that with their L900 monitors.

Here are some images from CL...

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images     

at this point your a tyre kicker
    After 25 years in the high-line European car business in the states, I know what a tire-kicker is. I'm a potential customer. But, given the somewhat sanctimonious attitude here, I may have to defer to my last-name-sake, Groucho, and say I don't think I want to joint a club that would have me as a member.

We used to enjoy a T-shirt worn by several in the BMW motorcycle clubs: "It's hard to be humble when you ride the best." I have no doubt BMW makes the best motorcycles. I have little doubt the 4345 could be the best JBL system. Back in 1971 they didn't believe me at the BMW bike dealer when I showed up as a high-school senior professing to be interested in buying an "expensive" brand-new BMW motorcycle for $1475. Until I came back with the cash. I never made their mistake in dealing with my customers. Instead I carefully and deliberately answered their questions and objections until they were left with no reason not to do the deal.

The 4345 may just not fit in my "garage" at the moment, but the indecisive nature of the seller makes me less inclined to treat this as a game and, instead, just say "no". The right purchase at the right time will feel . . . right.

The garage. That definately rules you out.

I am told Ken had cognitive dissonance about part out his 4345 in the end.

Keep your shirt on we've only having a laugh.

The garage. That definately rules you out.

Keep your shirt on we've only having a laugh.
    Me, too!

(The "garage" reference is a metaphor for my life. Y'all have a pile of speakers. I have twenty German cars and motorcycles . . . and five pairs of JBLs. Everyone has a cross to bear!)

[QUOTE=richluvsound;205944]
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Hello Ian! That is pretty funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking about just such a thing
    Look up the TAOC 300DLC Stand - it's already available in stores across Japan.

Hello Merlin! thank you for the info, looks pretty interesting giving you different angles to play with as well. I'm going to go the DIY route on this one, first a little research to see what kind of an angle would offer the best results. Maybe start off with something like a 12-1 pitch and experiment further from there.

Be Well!

Mr. Widget, I like the ads solution, very versatile to be sure, I just wouldnt have the heart to drill into the sides of the cabs.
    Just Play Music.

Apparently you guys missed the Slovakian solution

Rob

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...=10490&page=14

Hernia Inducer Stands

Hi Rob,
    I remember those, very military but I do like the variable height options.
    Just Play Music.

A suggestion !

krunchy,

tempt that rascal Rob up to yours with his Smaart or something like that !

Good bottle of Single malt should do it . If you get Balavenie 21 , and you leave to top off your to get a visit from Saeman.

Where is that little begger ? This place lacks something special when he ain't posting !

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    krunchy,

tempt that rascal Rob up to yours with his Smaart or something like that !Rich
    Rob and I have been planning a get together but star alignment has not been right, I remain optimistic though!

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    If you get Balavenie 21 , and you leave to top off your to get a visit from Saeman.
    Rich
    Just Play Music.

From Experience !

Krunch,

when Bo flew by and we had a look at what the room was doing - then set the PAR up Dude, it was like firing them up for the very first time.
    You have all this to look forward to ! ........But , I guess it never ends. there is always something to play with , something little tweak these guys come up with. I LOVE IT

Rich

Thread Information