Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1683

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

It is still in its early stage: I started coding, and I am ordering hardware pieces as we speak
    It is intended for my main system (M2 clones), but will be able to handle 8 outputs (AES/EBU) as well as HDMI 2.0 (for synced videos).

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    It is still in its early stage: I started coding, and I am ordering hardware pieces as we speak
    It is intended for my main system (M2 clones), but will be able to handle 8 outputs (AES/EBU) as well as HDMI 2.0 (for synced videos).
    Sounds interesting. Does the hardware include a computer? I'm hoping not !

I am afraid it does, but it will be a server only linux that will be dedicated to filtering, so stability should not be an issue.
    Trinnov has been using a similar approach for years.

I am afraid it does, but it will be a server only linux that will be dedicated to filtering, so stability should not be an issue.
    Trinnov has been using a similar approach for years.
    I was thinking more about convenience; will it operate headless once set up, so you just power it up?

That is the intended behavior, and control interface will be all HTTP (web browser).

That is the intended behavior, and control interface will be all HTTP (web browser).
    That I could live with.

Further thought: at some point I may put 3 subwoofers into my system (per Welti and Toole) so with 8 outputs your solution could handle the M2s and perform bass management duties 🙂

Is there any beryllium diaphragm that can replace D2 diaphragm?will it improve very much?
    46 lover

You cannot replace the diaphragms in the d2430k with beryllium, so your option is to replace the driver all together.
    2435, 476be or 2447, 2450sl and 2451 with truextent diaphragm would all work well in the M2 with modification af the EQ
    I liked the sound of 2450sl with truextent better than D2, but with a slight sacrifice of uhf.

I agree with Johan. I have (or have had, except genuine 476Be) access to all of the above drivers and the 1,5" drivers with SL or Be diaphragms sound better to my ears compared to D2. Just sounds more "close" on voice and piano especially and I understand and respect that others have a different opinion and experience.

Be sacrifices a little top-end SL does not. Be with 045 on top is nice. Be can go all the way but do need a bit "to much" DSP to get there, in my taste.

-Short note on DSP. I can only recommend to use BSS units. I have tried many brands and BSS always come out on top. I don't think the HW is better but the way they implement the code and the compiler just sounds "calmer". Especially in crowded parts of songs. My 25 cents.

Kind regards
    //Rob
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

I am now using M2 clones with D2430k mostly for movies and TV, and it is stellar. But for music I definately preffered the 2450sl with Truextent. My experience is exactly how Rob describes it; much closer to the music with Be, and the driver with truextent seems to dig out all the microdetails and enchance the illusion of "realness"

D2430K vs 2450/51SL

Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
    I agree with Johan. I have (or have had, except genuine 476Be) access to all of the above drivers and the 1,5" drivers with SL or Be diaphragms sound better to my ears compared to D2. Just sounds more "close" on voice and piano especially and I understand and respect that others have a different opinion and experience.

Be sacrifices a little top-end SL does not. Be with 045 on top is nice. Be can go all the way but do need a bit "to much" DSP to get there, in my taste.

-Short note on DSP. I can only recommend to use BSS units. I have tried many brands and BSS always come out on top. I don't think the HW is better but the way they implement the code and the compiler just sounds "calmer". Especially in crowded parts of songs. My 25 cents.

Kind regards
    //Rob
    Hi Rob,

Very interesting experience, quite opposite to the expectable from the D2 driver data THD info, as it is said that D2 driver can deliver very high sound level almost to the 20kHz with very small THD-s. So , today affordable 4"-SL diaphragm is usable too. I do not want to mention Be (Truex) diaphragm as its price is almost over the price of the D2 driver itself.
    May ring-radiator diaphragms type in D2 have some problems in the lover frequency (under 1.5kHz) relative to the 4" SL dome type diaphragms.

regards
    ivica

I realize that this is a year late. I'm curious as to why you would want to flip the speakers in this manner. Generally, it is better practice to have the HF section of a speaker to be 3/5 - 3/4 up the screen to better align with where a person's mouth typically is in most movies. Having them closer to half-way up creates a vertical displacement and is perceivable.

I'm putting in my own personal home theatre in the next few months, and likely with the M2 (five of them behind the screen) and mine will be elevated to have the HF section in a traditional cinema placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    I am designing my upcoming theater and have some trouble positioning the subs and LCR in an optimal position at the same time. I saw the picture attached, and was inspired - this would allow me to position speakers and subwoofers how they should.

But... Do you see any downsides by having the M2s placed upside-down?

Attachment 75997

I thought about fixing them so they in my room would be the correct height in relation to the screen. I did not have enough width to have three M2s and two SUB18s side by side and hence the M2s would need to be placed above the SUB18s (and flipping them would be necessary).

I did choose a home with a wider room in the end, and the placement is better now. It works really well.

Name:  20180106_183048654_iOS.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  110.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    I thought about fixing them so they in my room would be the correct height in relation to the screen. I did not have enough width to have three M2s and two SUB18s side by side and hence the M2s would need to be placed above the SUB18s (and flipping them would be necessary).

I did choose a home with a wider room in the end, and the placement is better now. It works really well.

Name:  20180106_183048654_iOS.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  110.8 KB
    Wow, world-class system

Would be fun to put a little entry-level soundbar in front of the screen to fool the unknowing visitor

Thread Information