Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lansing Speakers in Films and TV

Quote Originally Posted by jblbgw_man View Post
    I also remember a papermate commercial years ago with Mike Nesmith from the Monkeys in a control room with 4430's in the background..... no pictures ..... sorry!!
    Mike and some JBLs? Sorry, all I got's Micky, Davy and an Altec or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting to see the RCA LC-1A monitor in the foreground and the Altec A7 in the background.

I was driving with a friend on Santa Monica Boulevard in the early 1970s when Micky Dolenz went blasting past us in an Audi 90. As David Letterman would say, that was my "brush with greatness."

00Robin
    geez,and all i have is selling a gallon of milk to Bob Seeger in a Quik Pik In Clarkston,Michigan in 1976 and then he roared outta there in his Audi Fox at 11:30 at night when i was in high school..
    Or the time Matt"Guitar"Murphy payed a tiny bar in Steamboat Springs,Colorado in 83...we hung in the alley during the break and laid them out on the trash can lid....that was SO long ago though...ancient history now.
    Last edited by 00Robin; 09-27-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: more

I worked with celebrities for a living, so I don't count.

I never met a Monkee, but I did have Mike's guitar for a while:

00Robin
    pretty colour,I love when the reds with age turn a "lipstick red" I call it,a mellower patina so to speak.

Thought this was an interesting tidbit- I had the DVD of "Jesus Christ Superstar" playing in the background with Norman Jewison and Ted Neeley's commentary running, and in the Garden of Gethsemane scene Neeley describes how walking around the rock formations in his sandal feet was dangerous, but he was mostly worried about the crew members "lugging those giant A7s around on the rocks" so he could hear the soundtrack & lipsync to it.

No pics of it, but the mental image was pretty striking.

je

Most currently, Dancing with the Stars on ABC.

Many of the rehearsal studios have JBLs mounted on ledges near the ceiling. (Usually Eons.)

Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    Just saw the 1968 movie "Point Blank" on TV, and there's a 2-second insert shot of what I think is the L57 or L59 (carnival or festival) on the edge of an overhanging roof by the swimming pool. Lee Marvin and his moll Angie Dickinson are waiting to ambush an organized crime boss named Brewster (Caroll O'Connor) in his luxurious Los Angeles home. Before Brewster shows up Lee and Angie have a noisy spat and she briefly hurls taunts at him over the house hi-fi. If anyone has a copy of the movie please take a closer look
    Grabbed some stills os this rare JBL speaker in a very rare movie appearance!

First is Lee Marvin looking at the speaker when he first hears Angie Dickinson taunting him over the house intercom. The speaker is mounted upside down under the eaves so the ball shaped handle on it's shaft is hanging down below the speaker.

Second pic is Lee going inside to confront Angie.

In the third pic Angie and Lee are making up.
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    Grabbed some stills os this rare JBL speaker in a very rare movie appearance!

First is Lee Marvin looking at the speaker when he first hears Angie Dickinson taunting him over the house intercom. The speaker is mounted upside down under the eaves so the ball shaped handle on it's shaft is hanging down below the speaker.

Second pic is Lee going inside to confront Angie.

In the third pic Angie and Lee are making up.
    very cool!

JBL 4645

Smile JBL in the movies

I’ve just remembered I had a few other films where I’ve noticed JBL playing.

The Blues Brothers the comedy cult classic has several shots where JBL PA can been seen.

The shots here is mid way towards which is leading towards the end of the film where the Blues Brothers do gig with the band, “the band Elwood the band”.

Cocoon the delightfully charming film for the young at heart only as few shots.

The shots here are fairly dark because this is at a disco, this about mid way though the film, where the old are now regenerated with the gift from the swimming pool.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I’ve just remembered I had a few other films where I’ve noticed JBL playing.

The Blues Brothers the comedy cult classic has several shots where JBL PA can been seen.

The shots here is mid way towards which is leading towards the end of the film where the Blues Brothers do gig with the band, “the band Elwood the band”.

Cocoon the delightfully charming film for the young at heart only as few shots.

The shots here are fairly dark because this is at a disco, this about mid way though the film, where the old are now regenerated with the gift from the swimming pool.

Cabaret 4602A's. One of the best 2-way 12" stage monitors ever made!

JBL 4645
    JBL Dog

Oh right, good eye mate, I was wondering if someone would notice what model they where, so the (JBL Cabaret 4602A's) where the ones I the Blues Brothers, any idea on the ones in Cocoon, then? The ones in Cocoon are not wedged at the backs like the (JBL Cabaret 4602A's).

Thanks.

Edit

Just did a quick search and found what they look like in full. That looks like a bullet tweeter?

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    JBL Dog

Oh right, good eye mate, I was wondering if someone would notice what model they where, so the (JBL Cabaret 4602A's) where the ones I the Blues Brothers, any idea on the ones in Cocoon, then? The ones in Cocoon are not wedged at the backs like the (JBL Cabaret 4602A's).

Thanks.

Edit

Just did a quick search and found what they look like in full. That looks like a bullet tweeter?

I still use a 4602A in one of my karaoke rigs. I wish I could say it looks that nice, but it doesn't! Mine has survived several beer baths and some asshole jamming a knife through the grille cloth and the E120-8.

4602A's can be picked up for about $200 and are worth every penny and then some.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post
    I still use a 4602A in one of my karaoke rigs. I wish I could say it looks that nice, but it doesn't! Mine has survived several beer baths and some asshole jamming a knife through the grille cloth and the E120-8.

4602A's can be picked up for about $200 and are worth every penny and then some.
    JBL Dog

WTF! I guess he was Bose fan! Touring or doing gigs sounds like a risky job, you’re very lucky he didn’t attack you, instead he goes after the JBL! What music where you playing to piss him off that much?

JBL 4645
    There is another film that has a JBL appearance thou I don’t have the film its called “Wag The Dog” (1997) and I noticed it many years before I joined the Lansing Heritage site, it’s a scene that has Dustin Hoffman sitting down in a chair and there’s a JBL loudspeaker right next to him?

If I can get the time, I might rent it out and view it over unless of course, someone else has the film on DVD and can do a screen capture on the pc.

Thread Information