Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meyer CP-10

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmics View Post
    Bo-Work gig (yeah right )

Seeing more of the world thru the tour bus windows.

Notice the delay and verb settings on the set list.

any chance of a larger blow up to see those settings?

Oldmics-Analogue to the death
    Have fun in the EU Oldmics.

Have you heard Plant sing lately? The delay will help.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Oldmics-Analogue to the death
    I hear ya...

That Digidesign Venue was pretty damned appealing. Incredible power and ease-of use. I grokked it really fast - surprised myself for a newbie. They done really well in making it "analogue-guy friendly". However, all night I found myself wanting more warmth on the vox and used the strip parametrics to gently add a broad hump through the 400-1,100 Hz range - I kept moving the center frequency and varying the Q to best result, but nothing seemed satisfactory. Everything was crystal clear - great headroom too - but it lacked body somehow. I thought it was the venue/night/no dinner/etc. Then listening to my boardtapes (CD-R) made on my machine (Sony CDR-W66) I heard the same characteristic. It is the preamps - they are lacking that good old analogue distortion we are accustomed to. Call it warmth, whatever. I was sure drawn to the incredible power of the tool - it is extremely addicting with all the call back features, routing, programming, etc - but the sound is not (yet) likable to my ears.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

...any chance of a larger blow up to see those settings?

Thanks, Andy!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    And I just want to know where to buy them and how much they cost. The company web site was of little to no help.
    Greetings Bo!, and thank you for the heads up on this unit, looking forward to integrating it into my system

Now to BMWCCA's inquiry.

This model is still being manufactured and is apparently still very popular, I was told that they were introduced in the late 80's....they are currently retailing for $4,100.00.
    I recently scooped one up on ebay for $603.00 (beat someone out by $3.00 ), the unit looked like it was abused and I was a little surprised by the amount that it went for. It gets better, when I got the unit it indeed looked like it was not treated half as well as it deserved and when I hooked it up...oh boy, bad news, some of the knobs were produning very nasty snap crackle and pops when turned & I mean really nasty I thought it was going to damage my speakers (hooked it up to secondary set not the 4430's for which it was intended).

Immediately unplugged & shipped it to Meyer Sound, (great custommer service & great turnaround time, 1week). they replaced pots and re-calibrated the unit and are in the process of shipping it back to me, total cost for inspecting unit replacing faulty "stuff" and recalibrating was $270.00. This company is sooo professional, a real pleasure to deal with. I only wish other companies would begin to approach the level of customer service these guys provide, I am actually surprised that companies of this caliber are still out there.
    Cant wait till it comes back
    Just Play Music.

looking forward to integrating it into my system
    Hi Krunchy, FWIW I've found I only needed 3 of the 5 bands per ch for what I
    wanted to achieve...

Do you have a measurement system (sorry, if you've posted that info)? Setting
    these (parametric EQ) up by ear, especially while learning about them,
    could turn into a very less-than-optimum selection of settings. -grumpy

Hi Grumpy,
    No I do not have a measurement system at the moment and, I agree about setting these up "by ear". I could only envision someone's (who actually knows something about this) expression if they heard what I could potentially set these to . Been reading a lot here and am aware of my learning curve requirements (they're vast ). I am proceeding slowly & with some caution, thank you for bringing it up I appreciate your concern.
    My saving grace (hopefully) is that I am aware of just how much I do not know about all this stuff.
    Its all new to me but I want to at least have a very rudimentary understanding of how & why some things work and some do not (even though I might think they should). One thing that I have become aware of is how much I have to un-learn about sound, we'll see how that goes, cant make any promises there
    Just Play Music.

cool. That EQ is a very nice tool & deserves knowledgeable use.
    On your way to a -very- nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    This company is sooo professional, a real pleasure to deal with. I only wish other companies would only begin to approach the level of customer service these guys provide, I am actually surprised that companies of this caliber are still out there.
    I have dealt with them on several occasions and even John Meyer himself and have the utmost respect for them and would recommend them and their equipment to anyone looking for top notch pro gear.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I have dealt with them on several occasions and even John Meyer himself and have the utmost respect for them and would recommend them and their equipment to anyone looking for top notch pro gear.
    Agreed.

All my CP-10's have cycled through service, to ensure they are functioning as designed. I'm not sure I understand the repair pricing structure, but whatever... I had one unit fry it's power supply - a very strange occurrence seemingly caused by my taking a split from a feed into the CP-10 (console output into my USBPre), and then trying to send from the USBPre into the console (Pink Noise). All the matrix outs and mono out were used, and there was no pfl out - a split was my only option. It wasn't happy with something about that. Meyer had it back to me within a week. Anyway, now I carry a Pink Noise CD, too.

To Grumpy and krunchy: after you are done revelling in their power, be modest with your filters. This is an intensely powerful unit - extremely narrow, Hi-Q focussed filters can be affected. Let us know how you like their sound...

To Grumpy and krunchy: after you are done revelling in their power, be modest with your filters. This is an intensely powerful unit - extremely narrow, Hi-Q focussed filters can be affected. Let us know how you like their sound...

Indeed. I knew what I was in for from the start. Thanks.
    ...appreciate the good words of wisdom/experience.

Listened to determine areas I wanted to focus on,
    measured system to get numbers (freq, approx Q, and gain)
    and to decide where to bother "fixing" things (& by how much),
    set EQ,
    measured again,
    small EQ adjustments,
    listened,
    done adjusting for now.

Note that achieving perfect flatness was not my intent.

I like it because it's an appropriate tool for what I wanted to
    achieve and because I -don't- hear it. -grumpy

Indeed I have no idea what I'm in for but am looking forwar to it & will proceed with caution and only when I feel comfortable with the unit.
    Thank you Bo, will heed your advise.
    Just Play Music.

meyer

hi Krunchy,

do you have a contact number for the service centre. There is a meyer here for £ 375 . I was thinking of sending it for a make over.

Rich.

Hello Rich!

Here are the vitals.....
    BTW I never sent them my sn # I just shipped them the unit, I didnt think it was that vital

"We have two levels of repair for CP-10's.
    Level I is verify the unit is performing to spec and calibration. $180.00
    Level II is any repairs needed and calibration. $270.00

We will make the determination once the unit is in whether it requires a Level I or Level II service.

If you wish to send in the unit for service we will need a serial number. If you have any specific complaints it is helpful for us to know that information, especially if any of the issues happen to be intermittent, so that we are sure to address it.

Sincerely,

Kim Sandholdt
    Service Dept. Supervisor

MEYER SOUND SERVICE DEPT.
    2809 TENTH STREET

BERKELEY, CA 94710

Phone: 510-486-1166 x 324
    Fax: 510-841-0753

email: [email protected]
    Service Dept. email: [email protected]
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    BTW I never sent them my sn # I just shipped them the unit, I didnt think it was that vital...
    It may not be, but it helps them track things.

email Kim with your S/N and you'll get a RA# in return - mark this on the outside of the carton. They will email you on completion and shipping. Say "howdy " for us!

Good point Bo, I was'nt sure why they were requesting it, I just needed to get mine out asap.
    I'll keep it in mind for next time but hopefully that wont be for a very long while.

Rich!

Did you wind up getting the unit?
    Just Play Music.

Thread Information