Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Big This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    congrats, you're either the first to notice or the first to point out that you noticed

if Widget be staying up a wee bit later these days, yes, suppose I will need to adjust my schedule
    Are you kidding me? You plop those in my living/listening room and I might be tempted to grab some sleep after the 3rd or 4th day, maybe.
    Control 25AV on the deck - L1 - L20t & L80t in piano black - 4312A - 4430

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Any words to compare with old 4350/4355 or even smaller 4345 ????

Ivica
    The 4350/55 are similar in their ability to get powerfully loud, but that is where the similarity ends... these speakers sound great, plain and simple. The 4345 is a little more refined sounding but doesn't have the ability to thunder quite as well as those dual 15" designs... I'm not sure about the 4435. I've heard the 4430 numerous times in many locations, but I've never heard the 4435. I'd assume tough that even with the dual 15s, only having a 1.75" driver above they are more limited.

Regardless, that is all about a pounding rock concert experience, while fun... most of us don't spend the lion share of our listening time pulverizing our brains, well at least I hope we don't. The Everest can do that as well or better than any of them, but that is like saying a particular Ferrari can go 195... sure, and that is cool, but how it drives at 50-100 is more important. And just as a Ferrari at 55 running through some curves is light years beyond your basic Chevy, in normal listening there is simply no comparison between the Everests and the vintage JBL studio monitors... or almost anything else.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
    Are you kidding me? You plop those in my living/listening room and I might be tempted to grab some sleep after the 3rd or 4th day, maybe.
    There is some truth in that... I've been up listening until 1:00 every night since they arrived. Last night I went out in the yard to make sure it wasn't too loud and possibly disturbing the neighbors... I used to live in a warehouse and there were no neighbors. Times change.

Yeah, I could get used to them being here.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    There is some truth in that... I've been up listening until 1:00 every night since they arrived. Last night I went out in the yard to make sure it wasn't too loud and possibly disturbing the neighbors... I used to live in a warehouse and there were no neighbors. Times change.

Yeah, I could get used to them being here.

Widget
    Well, all your Lansing Forum friends are quite envious and we all want to come listen!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Well, all your Lansing Forum friends are quite envious and we all want to come listen!
    I won't say you are all invited, but most are.

Seriously, they will certainly be here for at least a year and I'd be happy to share... if you do plan a trip to the SF Bay Area, avoid July and August, it tends to be cold and foggy. That may be fine for Everest listening, but it isn't much fun being a tourist here wearing a Golden Gate sweatshirt in the middle of summer with all of the tourists.

Widget

will be an interesting post the day you have to part with them

gather you'll spend the next 12 months plotting ways to keep em i know if it was me that's what would be happening: food, do I really need that much of it? yeah, I have a car, but isn't a bike adequate? I've always thought about housing an exchange student? they already sell crack in my area, is another dealer really going to make a difference ?
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Beside the larger direcitivty, how would you compare them to your TAD DIY ?

(sub1500, TAD TL1102, TD4003/TH4003, ET703)

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Beside the larger direcitivty, how would you compare them to your TAD DIY ?
    As it turns out I did listen to my Project Widgets and the Project Everests back to back yesterday... they are remarkably similar yet also different. Both systems are very detailed (4" Be in both), the exceptional TL-1102 from TAD and the exceptional 1501AL obviously help to contribute to this. On some recordings you do "hear" the extended bass the Sub1500 offers... I suppose the greatest difference is that the Everest is a bit more "upfront" and the imaging is bigger. The Project Widget is not as focused (in the mini monitor imaging sense) as the 1400 Array, but is somewhere in between the Everest and the 1400.

Obviously for sheer power, the Everest kills the Project Widgets at higher SPLs. That 10" midbass can not compete with the 1501 once you push the power levels.

Widget

Regardless, that is all about a pounding rock concert experience, while fun... most of us don't spend the lion share of our listening time pulverizing our brains, well at least I hope we don't.

Widget
    65% dance, trance, house, and club mixes; 20% hard rock; 10% acoustical and vocal; 4% classical and ensemble; 1% world music, jazz, new age, and big band. That's my basic mix, and I've heard them all on the Everest. Obviously, I've heard them all much more frequently on K2 S9900s. I'll have to spend a couple of days at your house to really get a handle on the contrasts.

Got an extra room?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Got an extra room?
    Better than that... the couch that is the listening position is a hide a bed.

Widget

The 4350/55 are similar in their ability to get powerfully loud, but that is where the similarity ends... these speakers sound great, plain and simple. The 4345 is a little more refined sounding but doesn't have the ability to thunder quite as well as those dual 15" designs... I'm not sure about the 4435. I've heard the 4430 numerous times in many locations, but I've never heard the 4435. I'd assume tough that even with the dual 15s, only having a 1.75" driver above they are more limited.

Regardless, that is all about a pounding rock concert experience, while fun... most of us don't spend the lion share of our listening time pulverizing our brains, well at least I hope we don't. The Everest can do that as well or better than any of them, but that is like saying a particular Ferrari can go 195... sure, and that is cool, but how it drives at 50-100 is more important. And just as a Ferrari at 55 running through some curves is light years beyond your basic Chevy, in normal listening there is simply no comparison between the Everests and the vintage JBL studio monitors... or almost anything else.

Widget
    Many thanks for your answers.

Regards
    Ivica

Listening !

Would to hear this on those Best thing I have heard in years
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As a tribute to the marvelously documented (over documented?) threads of our own Titanium Dome, I thought I'd post a couple of teaser pics.

any plans for the yellow things on the bottom of the pallet?

Wow, just wow...well maybe some drool.

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Btw folks. My brand new LS40 arrived today.............
    Any progress on that LS series thread?

cmon a pic of the box, cabinet, connects, just one driver....daddy needs!!
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Thread Information