Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jbl 4367 ? .....

Did Greg work on 4367?
    Maybe his final crossover design?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    What is that?!
    The successor to 4429?
    According to the picutre text it is 4367...

Maybe thoose guys are NBA players?

Phone cameras often distort the picture, so things to the sides looks bigger than they are.
    I always try to get in the middle of phone camera pics, it suits my body size better!

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    They looked smaller than I expected, are they quite a bit smaller than 4365?

Yes, it is smaller than 4365 overall. It is 110 milimeter shorter in height. I just measured and to me it is huge difference. Well, well.....as long it sounds good

Mctwins
    Can you PM part-number to me?
    It would be cool if my 4365s could be upgraded with this horn. But probably the size differs too much, I guess.
    It is shorter in width as well. Around 40 milimeter.
    Last edited by Mctwins; 10-30-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: edit text

Obsolete
    It does seem small in that photo. I guess the 2216Nd-1 has a smaller enclosure volume requirement, I don't know the volume of the 4367 yet and didn't do any math, so it is just a guess.

Sized similar to the 4338 so !!!
    Regards Stephane

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    It does seem small in that photo. I guess the 2216Nd-1 has a smaller enclosure volume requirement, I don't know the volume of the 4367 yet and didn't do any math, so it is just a guess.
    Back of the napkin says 8 ft box based only on external dimensions. I have no idea of panel thicknesses or driver displacement. 4430 (by the same fuzzy math) is 7.3 external which I think we know comes to around 5 ft once all is said and done. Interestingly the 4367 weighs about 8 lbs more than the 4430 even with that neodymium and smaller comp driver. Maybe the panels are thick?
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Warren,

Less stored energy = better waterfall plot hopefully through better braced cabinet, less horn vibration and more linear drivers etc.
    Should not be that hard to do compared to the 35 year old 4430.

Obsolete
    Did Greg work on 4367?
    Maybe his final crossover design?
    Yes. It was his final project before being fired (Harman is stating that he retired which is patently false). I couldn't help but notice that Sean Olive posted a link to a new Engineering intern position a day before Greg's "official retirement date". That position has already been filled.

Can you PM part-number to me?
    It would be cool if my 4365s could be upgraded with this horn. But probably the size differs too much, I guess.
    It is a Harman Luxury product and therefore REALLY tough to get. They have zero interest in running "extras" of any transducers or other parts like horns and selling them ala carte, hence no upgrades from the DD66000 to DD67000 for example.

In any case, I think you are quite good with what you have. I think going forward we are going to see a "cost reduction" trend wherein Harman tries to squeeze the best possible performance out of lower cost components rather than building top shelf components like the 476 or 1500 that have inherently superlative performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yes. It was his final project before being fired (Harman is stating that he retired which is patently false). I couldn't help but notice that Sean Olive posted a link to a new Engineering intern position a day before Greg's "official retirement date". That position has already been filled.

It is a Harman Luxury product and therefore REALLY tough to get. They have zero interest in running "extras" of any transducers or other parts like horns and selling them ala carte, hence no upgrades from the DD66000 to DD67000 for example.

In any case, I think you are quite good with what you have. I think going forward we are going to see a "cost reduction" trend wherein Harman tries to squeeze the best possible performance out of lower cost components rather than building top shelf components like the 476 or 1500 that have inherently superlative performance.
    Interesting, thanks.

Do you know if 1200fe is "luxury", or possible to buy?
    Sometimes, I have unhealthy thoughts at night... To build something DIY looking a little bit like the Timber Arrays, with M2/D2 (not R2/D2), 1200fe and 2269h. Separate box for each transducer, as small as possible, just placed on each other.

Obsolete
    Do you know if 1200fe is "luxury", or possible to buy?
    They are from Luxury and have been unobtainable for years. It took me a year and a half to get a replacement for a broken one and that was several years ago.

Sometimes, I have unhealthy thoughts at night... To build something DIY looking a little bit like the Timber Arrays, with M2/D2 (not R2/D2), 1200fe and 2269h. Separate box for each transducer, as small as possible, just placed on each other.
    The 4-inch voice coiled 2206H is arguably the better bet. The extra 3 to 4 dB efficiency is nice.

what about the light pro neo diff-drive 12" 2262h and 15" 2265h, how do they stand compared to the 2206h respectiveley 2216nd?
    light is good for me, maybe want to wall-hang in a future HT.

Obsolete
    There is something to be said for the light weight transducers.

Thread Information