Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Event in SoCal

Update sent

I sent an update to all registered attendees. If you do not see it, check your spam folder, and if it is not there, email me and I'll send it to you again.
    Out.

Letters and Cards

Some folks who cannot make the event are sending me a letter or card for Greg Timbers, which I'll assemble into something coherent and present to him on September 15th. This was such a great idea from Barry (1audiohack) that I'm encouraging all Lansing Heritage members to do the same.

If you'd like to contribute something personal to this special evening, just PM me and I'll give you either my email address, mailing address, or both, so you can get your submission in. I'll gladly print out your letters if you want to send them via email. You can use Word, Pages, or send me a PDF.

Keep those cards and letters coming!
    Out.

Update coming

Another email blast went out to all attendees this morning. Check your in boxes, and if you didn't get it, let me know.

Less than two weeks!
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Saturday, September 15 at 6 PM in San Pedro, CA.
    Very possible. Festival season is drawing to a close - there are actually free weekends appearing on my calendar! It will have to be a quick I/O for me - "got gig" on the 16th...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Damn!I hope my boyfriend will invite me! Have a great time! I am sure it will be well documented. Like everyone else, I eagerly await the reports.Widget
    Likely that was me? I guess we'll have to hope for a Skype...

bo
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Few more days

I envy you guys. Hope to see some picks

Valentin

Final Communique

The last full email went out to all the registered attendees today. If you didn't get yours, let me know. Otherwise, I'll see many of you on Friday and all of you on Saturday.
    Out.

The last full email went out to all the registered attendees today.
    If you didn't get yours, let me know. Otherwise, I'll see many of you on Friday and all of you on Saturday.
    Good luck folks!
    We look forward to a great report of the activities!

And TiDome - so sorry to hear of your hearing losses ...
    hopefully it will turn out to be just short term!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Good luck folks!
    We look forward to a great report of the activities!

And TiDome - so sorry to hear of your hearing losses ...
    hopefully it will turn out to be just short term!
    I'm going for another treatment at the hospital today and hoping for the best!
    Out.

Opening for one

We've just had one of Saturday's participants drop out, so I have one slot open for a Lansing Heritage member who can make the event and can bring $25 cash. PM me.
    Out.

Obsolete
    I've got the cash but I'll be in Stratford, ON, otherwise I'd be there.

What kind of treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I've got the cash but I'll be in Stratford, ON, otherwise I'd be there.

What kind of treatment?
    Some kind of tube thing that goes in the ear that pulses, buzzes, or something like that for "tactile interference stimulation" of the "primary somatosensory cortex"; otherwise known as "WAKE UP!" It feels like my ear canal was ravaged afterward.

I was hoping it was earwax.

You can always fly to the Ontario, CA airport by mistake and claim the travel agency messed up the airpot code. (Yep, I know you can drive to Stratford from Toledo... it's just an idea.)
    Out.

Obsolete
    Some kind of tube thing that goes in the ear that pulses, buzzes, or something like that for "tactile interference stimulation" of the "primary somatosensory cortex"; otherwise known as "WAKE UP!" It feels like my ear canal was ravaged afterward.
    Well I hope it works out. We all do.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Well I hope it works out. We all do.

Me too, although it won't make me any smarter, make me more attractive, or grow hair on my head.

Right now it kinda sounds like I have an Alka-Seltzer in my ear, so I think that's a good sign, er, sound.

-------------------

All you old school rockers, I got the 5.1 surround DVD-A new releases of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, including the hi-res stereo versions from Steve Wilson for our little event, the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Set with the 5.1 mixes and the Alan Parsons 4.0 Quad mix, and a couple of new Blu-ray surround discs from AIX Records, Blurays from Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree), oh, and did I mention the Jethro Tull Aqualung 5.1? Plus the demo disc from Roger Dressler of Dolby Labs (retired).

Dave (grumpy) got the PT250s tuned up as good as we could--except for those da#$ed red lights--and I must say they sound pretty good to Lefty.

I picked up Greg's hardware tonight. It looks awesome! The LH logo came out great (thanks Don and Glen!)

I'm taking Thursday off to clean the whole house, all three floors (well eight levels, but three floors) and to put fresh batteries in all the frickin' remotes, so I want some respect for that.

It's gonna be a sweet night. Greg will be very happy.

Out.

All I can say Dome is YOU ROCK!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Me too, although it won't make me any smarter, make me more attractive, or grow hair on my head.

Right now it kinda sounds like I have an Alka-Seltzer in my ear, so I think that's a good sign, er, sound.

-------------------

All you old school rockers, I got the 5.1 surround DVD-A new releases of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, including the hi-res stereo versions from Steve Wilson for our little event, the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Set with the 5.1 mixes and the Alan Parsons 4.0 Quad mix, and a couple of new Blu-ray surround discs from AIX Records, Blurays from Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree), oh, and did I mention the Jethro Tull Aqualung 5.1? Plus the demo disc from Roger Dressler of Dolby Labs (retired).

Dave (grumpy) got the PT250s tuned up as good as we could--except for those da#$ed red lights--and I must say they sound pretty good to Lefty.

I picked up Greg's hardware tonight. It looks awesome! The LH logo came out great (thanks Don and Glen!)

I'm taking Thursday off to clean the whole house, all three floors (well eight levels, but three floors) and to put fresh batteries in all the frickin' remotes, so I want some respect for that.

It's gonna be a sweet night. Greg will be very happy.

You are certainly due all respect. Unless, of course, you are not using either silver-tipped or cryogenic treated batteries.
    David F
    San Jose

Thread Information