Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL Control 10

JBL Control 10

Hi JBL friends,

I just scored a pair of JBL Control 10 loudspeakers. Unfortunately a minimum of information can be found on this heritage site. Is there anyone in here who has any experience with these Control loudspeakers ?
    Does anyone know the specifications of the used loudspeakercomponents ? (119HS; 305HS; 037Ti).

With kind regards and
    a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year to all of you,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.

Start here:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Con...rol%2010LR.pdf

A lot of this speaker is NLA (no longer available) but I have seen recone kits on that auction site every once and a while.

I have the Control 5's which I really like and use the woofer the 119HS in a pair of Frankenspeakers I built.

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

JBL 4645
    You suck yes you really suck! I wouldn’t mind at least 6 of those for the home cinema five for the fronts and one for a back-up or other maybe “the voice of god”.

How much did you pay for them, they where discontinued years ago why, why, why I don’t never will understand why the Control 5 and 1 is still in production. You suck.

What’s the condition of the bass mid driver 12” is no its a 10” driver isn’t ribbon cloth edge surround if memory is right? The mid range is 5” is it not and the tweeter the same as the Control 5. What is the condition of the JBL control 10?

Take some pictures of it yes pictures I like to see it even thou I’ve seen two in the flesh before at guys home many years ago (1990).

They went for 95 euro on our local market place!

Concrats Jan!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You suck yes you really suck! I wouldn’t mind at least 6 of those for the home cinema five for the fronts and one for a back-up or other maybe “the voice of god”.

How much did you pay for them, they where discontinued years ago why, why, why I don’t never will understand why the Control 5 and 1 is still in production. You suck.

What’s the condition of the bass mid driver 12” is no its a 10” driver isn’t ribbon cloth edge surround if memory is right? The mid range is 5” is it not and the tweeter the same as the Control 5. What is the condition of the JBL control 10?

Take some pictures of it yes pictures I like to see it even thou I’ve seen two in the flesh before at guys home many years ago (1990).

12" Bass driver. I documented in a previous thread that the TS parameters make this driver close to the 123A. Happy holidays to all as well!

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

JBL Control 10

Quote Originally Posted by Serum View Post
    They went for 95 euro on our local market place!

Concrats Jan!
    Hello Serum,

You're quiete right !!!!! I sniped them last night. They are in a mint condition.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

Hi JBL 4645,

You can find nice pictures on:

http://www.zenn.com.sg/JBL_Control_10_spkrs.JPG

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/Control_10.pdf

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Con...rol%2010LR.pdf

My JBL Control 10's are in a nearly mint condition and they have been used in a youthclub. All components are in good working order and yes these speakers really rock. They are quiete different from my JBL4312A Control Monitors.

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyank View Post
    12" Bass driver. I documented in a previous thread that the TS parameters make this driver close to the 123A. Happy holidays to all as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyank View Post

Yank
    Oh, right I guess the model number threw me off, Control 10. So is it the same bass mid range driver as used in the JBL control 12SR I’m guessing it is.

jan

I’ve seen those pictures before still a nice view but I’ve seen them before I like all-around pictures underneath behind above even inside.

Nice that their in good Nick. Where they mounted on brackets in the youth club? and if so did you get the brackets.

Since the JBL control 1 and 5 are still being produced I wonder just how many JBL control 10 and 12SR that where produced before production stopped on that model.

JBL bring back the JBL Control 10 and 12SR please, pretty please with sugar on top.

Figge
    So how does this thing sound?

How much did you pay for them, they where discontinued years ago why, why, why I don’t never will understand why the Control 5 and 1 is still in production.
    That's an interesting observation. I always thought these were replaced by JBL's portable line.

http://www.jblpro.com/products/portable/index.html

They could of also been replaced by the JBL Control 28, 29, and 30, but I haven't seen them in many permanent installations.

JBL Control 10

Quote Originally Posted by Figge View Post
    So how does this thing sound?
    From what i hear in my "too small" room i must say they sound pretty impressive. At short notice we will test them on the most powerful Bryston poweramplifier in an almost perfect acoustic environ.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That's an interesting observation. I always thought these were replaced by JBL's portable line.

http://www.jblpro.com/products/portable/index.html

They could of also been replaced by the JBL Control 28, 29, and 30, but I haven't seen them in many permanent installations.
    Hey Jon afternoon

Well its kinder bothered me for years I mean they look so cool against the control 5 I like that funky carrying handle on top of the control 10 and 12SR. So you have your theory I wonder what the real truth is because I’d very much like to have a few for the LCR fronts with magnetic shielding I think only control 10 I believe the control 12SR isn’t magnetically shielded.

I have an old broacher somewhere of the Control 10, I’ll fish around for it.

Has much as I wouldn’t mind JBL 4675-A in the room but lets face I wouldn’t have enough room to swing a car around. The JBL control offers the user flexible control in placement control in sound they look nice and controlled, that sounded corny LOL.

Yes I like to have control in tight spaces.

I wonder how JBL came up with that name Control® Series?

JBL 4645
    I’ve had a good turn out in store cupboard where I was looking of thin (plastic blue folder) that had some rare, well in my opinion it is rare. This is where I would have found A4 size broachers but could find the folder, damn I haven’t the first clue as to where it is of if it was misplaced in moving over the past few years, I know it must be somewhere its not that thick its only a fin folder.

I did however turn this up amongst what my dad would call “junk” no pun intended he just hasn’t sat down to listen to JBL. LOL

So I took a few pictures of all here is small sample from this little hand size JBL broacher. Hmm, printed (1992) so I guess the 10 and 12SR was discontinued around early 1990’s to mid 1990’s?

Attached Images Attached Images     

JBL 4645
    Weird while reading though the specifications for control 5 and 5 plus the weight of the control 5 is 11kg where the weight of the control 5 plus is only 10.8kg weird is there a difference in the bass mid driver I know its an 8” bass mid. Control 10 is only 15.5kg Control 12SR 21kg.

Control Micro Control 10 Control 12SR what does (ABS) mean I know its Anti something Structure?

Frequency response is nice for Control 10 35Hz to 27Khz over the Control 12SR which is only 45Hz same as Control 5 plus to 17Khz where Control 5 plus is 20Khz weird?

I used to own a JBL Control SB-5 (TCB) should never had sold it what a dick.

I like these choice of headings.
    “A Heritage of Excellence”
    “The Control 1 Family”
    “Even Greater Control”
    “Control from Top to Bottom

In the Control Series, JBL has combined its vast body of loudspeaker knowledge – art, science and wisdom – with solid practicality. The results is a great-sounding, easy-to-use group of products with a wide range of applications.

JBL Control 10

HI JBL 4645,

That's very interesting information you have. I never heard so many details about those speakers. I would be very pleased if you could sent me a copy of the JBL Control 10 information from that brochure. Maybe you can scan that page and send it to me.

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.
    Last edited by jan_slagman; 12-24-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: improvement text

Thread Information