Thread: Ken Pachkowsky died this day 2014

Ken Pachkowsky died this day 2014

Couldn’t let this day go by without remembering Ken Pachkowsky.

Many in the “Lansing” community knew Ken.

He and his girlfriend were riding his motorcycle on a beautiful Sunday afternoon on a highway in rural Manitoba.

They were t-boned by a truck and died instantly.

I was away in Tulsa Oklahoma picking up some loudspeakers at the time. Ken and I had a meeting scheduled the following week. He never showed up and his phones were out of service. It took me a couple of weeks before I learned what had happened.

Life is fleeting.

Godspeed Ken and Della.
    Michael Gillespie.

Thanks Michael for the note.

I miss Ken every time I come across his moniker ( as I do with so many who have passed away since our earliest days ).

Take Care ,

I remember Ken's contributions here, and his Westlake Tour thread, but I didn't remember hearing about what caused his passing until now.

As a motorcyclist for over 50-years, I take every opportunity to remind motorists to Think: See Motorcycles.

Often we are seen but it doesn't really factor into the calculation of the motorists that we are actually moving as fast as we are. Maybe the brain thinks "bicycle", or something.

Motorcycling is fun and dangerous. In 50-years of riding I've been hit by a car once. And, maybe 45-years ago, I had been riding all day with a friend when we parted company as he prepared to turn off the main road onto his street, headed home. I didn't find out until a week later that he had been run over by a truck while waiting to turn left—at the spot where we split up.

The danger is primarily in not being seen by car and truck drivers with whom we share the road. In Ken's memory: Think: See Motorcycles.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Couldn’t let this day go by without remembering Ken Pachkowsky.

Many in the “Lansing” community knew Ken.

He and his girlfriend were riding his motorcycle on a beautiful Sunday afternoon on a highway in rural Manitoba.

They were t-boned by a truck and died instantly.

I was away in Tulsa Oklahoma picking up some loudspeakers at the time. Ken and I had a meeting scheduled the following week. He never showed up and his phones were out of service. It took me a couple of weeks before I learned what had happened.

Life is fleeting.

Godspeed Ken and Della.
    Yes...

I was shocked and heartbroken to find Ken and his girlfriend were killed in that accident. We spent some quality drive time with Steve Schell, going to Westlake Audio to tour the factory and meet Glenn Phoenix and Sherwood Davies. I had also visited his condo in Palm Desert... with some favorite CDs in tow... at his invitation to meet his wife at the time, Julie, and have some serious listening to his prized HR-1 system.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ur-of-Westlake

I could go on, but I won't. I lost a new, good friend that day. So did the rest of us.

Rest easy, Ken & Della.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Thanks Michael for the note.

I miss Ken every time I come across his moniker ( as I do with so many who have passed away since our earliest days ).
    Yes sir.

Ken had a traveling sales gig in the early days of this forum and he was able to swing by the Bay Area a few times. I was able to spend several fun evenings with Ken and swap audio "war stories".

Widget

Man. I remember Ken from years ago before I got ill.

My impression, as and Englishman, was that he was always a gentleman but with a free spirit.

Sad for me to hear after all these years. M

Thread Information