Thread: JBL XPL200a, new owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

best money I've ever spent!

It's a year and a half since I made the original post and I thought I'd update. These XPL200's continue to amaze me! Seriously the best $750 I've ever spent in my life on anythng.

Everytime I play them (as I type this) i still can't believe how good they are. Without spending a lot of money (10K+), i haven't found anything that touches these.

Man, I'ld love to hear some 1400 arrays, or Everest type stuff, but untill I can write that check, i'm happy as heck with these speakers!

Cheers.
    Brett

Happiness is a big deal!
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by brett_s View Post
    It's a year and a half since I made the original post and I thought I'd update. These XPL200's continue to amaze me! Seriously the best $750 I've ever spent in my life on anythng.

Everytime I play them (as I type this) i still can't believe how good they are. Without spending a lot of money (10K+), i haven't found anything that touches these.

Man, I'ld love to hear some 1400 arrays, or Everest type stuff, but untill I can write that check, i'm happy as heck with these speakers!

Cheers.
    Brett
    Hi Brett. Congrats on your not-too recent purchase. I've always wanted to hear or buy a pair of the XPL's. Just days after I bought my recent setup, a pair of XPL 200's were up for sale on ebay, and needless to say I was a little disappointed that I could not bring myself to get them.

You had mentioned that you owned a pair of CF150's and L100T's and as an owner of both, and a fan of the L100t(3) I was curious how the XPL's compared the the L100T, and if you would be interested in writing to that effect.

I would add that I ran the CF150's and the L100T(3)'s together sometimes for loudness and bass reinforcement, and they complimented eachother very well. The CF150's were not super pleasant to listen to though by themselves, a step or two down in fineness, IMO. But as you suggest, not worlds apart.

Thread Information