Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looky what I got! 1 Owner L100s off DC CL

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    It's SOP to deploy every loudspeaker one has for keggers.
    I can bring more amps.

Never done this in a city before though! Ours were always outside. Heather already has enough fire power to blow-up her house.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I can bring more amps.

Never done this in a city before though! Ours were always outside. Heather already has enough fire power to blow-up her house.
    Yeah, I currently have one of Fred Sanford's Yamaha amps sitting unused ...
    but I'll scare the little critters at the pond if I put amps & speakers out back!

(Sorry for the grainy pix - shot this 5 min ago and goldfinches are REAL skittish I had the canon G9 pushed into digital zoom mode to get 'em)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Dear Miss Heather,

Great score!

I have the blue grill foams here in the box that I bought for a pair of l100 cets, just like yours! The blue is really attractive.

I didn't know you had a 2100. That amp matches those l100s very well, IMHO. Light it up! And...if you had a 2200! Man, get back! It all comes alive.

(I also know of some recone kits available for the 123, le5 and le25 drivers, and also some NOS reconed drivers ready too go in boxes, and new l-pads that can be mailed to you on a whim)

Hope all is well with you and Miss Em. Lisa says hi!

Scotty.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

The Amp is a loaner from the great Fred Sanford of the Shenandoah valley ... I tried it on my biamped 4341s, but it sounded pretty much the same as the 6230, so I didn't make the swap permanently.
    I did buy a Yamaha M-45 on the bay, but it turned out to be another wannabe ripoff, so I fought that for the last 3 weeks and just got a full refund on Friday ...

The L100s have been in a low stress environment since they were new - thats why they are near prefect condition. They don't seem to need anything but a pair of the tweeter foam rings and the quadrex foam grills.

I think actually we're gonna do the chocolate brown grills for the L100s - once I can reach Sonofagun and see if he can match the L200 grills he made for me last year.

Emma says the blue is a bit too-too for our house ... most of our stuff is more muted shades, earthtones and wood finish ...

Quote Originally Posted by SMKSoundPro View Post
    Dear Miss Heather,

Great score!

I have the blue grill foams here in the box that I bought for a pair of l100 cets, just like yours! The blue is really attractive.

I didn't know you had a 2100. That amp matches those l100s very well, IMHO. Light it up! And...if you had a 2200! Man, get back! It all comes alive.

(I also know of some recone kits available for the 123, le5 and le25 drivers, and also some NOS reconed drivers ready too go in boxes, and new l-pads that can be mailed to you on a whim)

Hope all is well with you and Miss Em. Lisa says hi!

Scotty.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Burnt Orange.

Nothing else is, well, "Classic L100...."

Quote Originally Posted by SMKSoundPro View Post
    I didn't know you had a 2100. That amp matches those l100s very well, IMHO. Light it up!

Scotty.
    See? Toldja. That amp you have there was the one powering my same-age-same-drivers L100s before I loaned it to you. Light it up!

Just heard today that my other P2100 is all fixed up in NY, should be getting that back next time my folks come visit.

Recently started setting up my 4333As for bi-amp, a slightly defective Marantz DP870 as a level-controllable DAC, Ashly X-over as the 800Hz low-pass, to an Adcom 2535 4-way power amp. Running just the DAC & half the amp now, and it sounds very good, but occasionally lights the clip lights with only 60 WPC if I really wind it up. Bi-amp should be dandy.

je

well, youre house is in calm earth colours, i think a shining blue would be just the right highlight then.
    my decade are brown, and i wouldnt mind blue ones, really not!
    the orange ones, well, id rather not...

btw.
    the garden looks nice!

cheers,
    mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Burnt Orange.

Nothing else is, well, "Classic L100...."
    But I'm not living in the 70s now, and burnt orange would embarass all the plants in that room ... Emma says it would look like an old Burger King ad!
    And actually, of all the colors I was thinking about, that bright blue has some POP to it!

Besides (shsh ...) I'm not sure I'm going to keep them ... and chocolate brown has more SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) for the resale market ...

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    But I'm not living in the 70s now, and burnt orange would embarass all the plants in that room ... Emma says it would look like an old Burger King ad!
    all valid points (you guys funny!)

Besides (shsh ...) I'm not sure I'm going to keep them ... and chocolate brown has more SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) for the resale market ...
    Thats the right color isnt it, the one that gives you an edge on the resale market. Those pups are going to go quick Heather, they are in great shape! when are those stimulus check arriving at the mailbox, should be any day now
    Just Play Music.

And actually, of all the colors I was thinking about, that bright blue has some POP to it!

Actually, I like and recommended to a friend the un-painted versions which look like a charcoal gray. Never came that way but don't you think they'd do it that way today? Cheaper, too.

Quote Originally Posted by oznob View Post
    Larry, "LRBacon," gave me some sound advise on L-Pad settings to avoid or at least lessen listener fatigue. Presence @ 1, brilliance @ 4 gives a very good balance to their sound. But hey, after a few brews, crank them puppies all the way!
    Mark,
    I've tweeked them a little more. I still have the presence set at 1 and now have the brilliance at 2. They still sound quite bright. I still have to try Zilch's plugs for the bass, but haven't done so since I kinda enjoy the boominess at low volume levels.

Larry

Zilch Plugs are UNAVAILABLE!

Crazy stuff - I've been to both Home Depot and Lowes over the weekend and both have dropped the older metal plate style "Zilch Plug" that I've used in the past and only have a limited number of red plastic based pipe plugs.

Plus, my L100 Century speaks have 2 5/8 inch vents and they only had standard sizes of 2 inch and 3 inch

Oh, its still the basic rubber donut squashed between plates style, but with plastic plates instead of the metal plates they USED to have, I doubt I'll be able to crank them down excessively enough to cap a rogue vent.

But - I'm headed to an industrial supply shop after work, hopefully they'll have what I need!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Actually, I like and recommended to a friend the un-painted versions which look like a charcoal gray. Never came that way but don't you think they'd do it that way today? Cheaper, too.
    The "Foamtrends" folks do recommend the painted version for better UV protection ... but their grey grid does look pretty cool and is VERY tempting.
    I also have a lead on a "used" burnt orange pair for a good price - awaiting pix ...
    decisions, decisions!

This is my first post on the audioheritage site. So hello all. I post often on the AK site. Anyway, I have to say you did well! I think I saw those last week on CL and was wondering about them. They look great in your setup. Congratulations!

Nice find. It's always nice to get them from the original owner.

Mike

Thread Information