Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jbl 2245 H

jbl 2245 H

Hello I just bought a jbl 2245 H woofer from vintage tube amp or uncle spot speaker repair. the problem I am having is the woofer look the same as the other one but the color is gray kind of orange -redish .the surround is not foam its the same surround thats on the 4312 woofer. what about the low end responce will this effect any thing

pelly3s
    well if its not foam its not a 2245. can you post a picture of it?

jbl 2245 H

on back of the woofer it does read 2245 H . i have no question about that, just the surround and the funny color of the woofer

pelly3s
    its probably a 2240 kit in a 2245 frame.

pelly3s
    cant say too much about the color though that could be a couple of reasons

jbl 2245 H

I paid 225.00 the frame and the magnet is in great shape . I just like to be sure of the cone. I am going to have the woofer refoam and I will call jbl tech surport and ask them about color of the woofer. I have no grill in front of my speakers and I paid to much damm money . The color of the woofer doesnt bother me I just want them to have the same freq responce and that good stuff

pelly3s
    look on the back of the cone and there should be white writing telling you what cone kit it is

jbl 2245 H

my speaker set up.2404 h- 2425 h with 2344a biradial horn -2202h -2245 H . CROSSOVER 250/1200/5000. CAB IS CUSTOM ABOUT 12.5 CUB FT. I try to post a picture of my speakers , but so far no luck any input

Could be an aftermarket recone....like Pelly said, what's the writing on the back of the cone? A 2240 has a "double m-roll" surround, 2213(4312) has an "accordian" surround. Maybe it's a re-surround with with accordian cloth?

I'd be irritated too. What really irritates me is "audio" people taking advantage customers with bad, wrong or misleading info....but I guess every industry has that
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

You bought a "Not" 2245H. Get your money back or a major refund on the purchase price....

jbl 2245H

Thanks guys for your info . Edgewound you were right the surround is a double M-surround. like on the 2240......Zilch the frame is a 2245H But not the recone kit

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    Thanks guys for your info . Edgewound you were right the surround is a double M-surround. like on the 2240......Zilch the frame is a 2245H But not the recone kit
    Hi Gene...

Sounds like the speaker was either in an outside environment, or exposed to direct sunlight...they get that sort-of orangish greyish lookish to them when exposed to the elements. I's not uncommon to see 2245's reconed with 2240 recone kits for live sound app's. The 2245 is pretty easy to drive out of the gap with live sound if the user isn't using a steep hi pass filter to prevent unloading below the port's Hemholtz (tuning) frequency.

jbl 2245H

I just finish talking to the guy name ron who sold me the speaker. I told him, this is not a 2245H recone kit. I spoke about the surround double m -roll.instead of the surround foam.he told me thats what they sent him from the factory ,but he will recone it for free Thanks gene

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    I just finish talking to the guy name ron who sold me the speaker. I told him, this is not a 2245H recone kit. I spoke about the surround double m -roll.instead of the surround foam.he told me thats what they sent him from the factory ,but he will recone it for free Thanks gene
    Yeah, right...he doesn't know the difference between a 2240 and 2245? Hmmm

Gene....

Ask him if he's JBL Authorized Service...you can check the JBL Website here:
    http://www.jblproservice.com/service/index.html

When the speaker is reconed, request to see the cone kit and receive the box that the recone kit came in...the kit's cone/coil/spider comes preassembled in a box large enough for an 18" driver with the JBL logo printed in orange and a barcode label on the corner of the box that say's "C8R2245H". We gotta keep these guys honest. I've run into numerous reconers that claim to be factory authorized when they aren't. When questioned, they then say "we use the same parts the factory uses"....don't fall for it.

jbl 2245H

Edgewound on the back of the cone , 8cr was stamp but I could not read any thing else.

Thread Information