Page 211 of 721 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

She's one of my favorites. BIG sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

earlier...

Art Blakey and Jazz Messengers - self titled
    (1958, Blue Note) Blue Note 4003

Lee Morgan, trumpet; Benny Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie Merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums. love this record, a classic of hard bop jazz.

now....

Freddie Hubbard - Skydive
    (1973, CTI)

w/ Ron Carter, Keith Jarrett, Ray Barretto, Billy Cobham, George Benson, Airto, Hubert Laws. Recorded October 1972. Starts off with Hubbard's composition "Povo" which jams for 14:43, and Hubbard, Jarrett, and Benson really stretch out and cook here and throughout.

Nina Simone

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    She's one of my favorites. BIG sound.
    +1.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Thelonious Monk

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    earlier...

Art Blakey and Jazz Messengers - self titled
    (1958, Blue Note) Blue Note 4003

Lee Morgan, trumpet; Benny Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie Merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums. love this record, a classic of hard bop

now....

Freddie Hubbard - Skydive
    (1973, CTI)

w/ Ron Carter, Keith Jarrett, Ray Barretto, Billy Cobham, George Benson, Airto, Hubert Laws. Recorded October 1972. Starts off with Hubbard's composition "Povo" which jams for 14:43, and Hubbard, Jarrett, and Benson really stretch out and cook here and throughout.

Nina Simone

+1.
    Monk in the background. So much love...

Maybe it's time I pull out my ten inch!

Erroll Garner Phenomenal pianist

weather been better lately and getting more bike time......got over to the flea market on Sunday and found Peggy
    (what a great voice) ....and off to the thrift today and happy to grab "The Buckinghams GH" , good condition , 78 cents .....I've been a casual fan since high school ....love Mercy,Mercy,Mercy .

In approximately 18 months' time, The Buckinghams had Top 5, Top 10 and Top 20 records with the release of singles every three months, including “Don’t You Care,” “Hey Baby, They’re Playing Our Song,” “Mercy, Mercy, Mercy,” “Lawdy Miss Clawdy” (USA Records), "Susan" and “Back in Love Again.” Columbia quickly released two albums, Time and Charges and Portraits produced by Guercio. USA Records released an album composed of all the sides recorded at Chess Studios in 1965 that was simply titled Kind of a Drag on the strength of their #1 national hit. The Buckinghams were named by Billboard Magazine as “The Most Listened to Band in America” in 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Giammarese
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

George Benson - Bad Benson
    (1974, CTI) VAN GELDER in the deadwax

w/ Ron Carter, Kenny Barron, Steve Gadd. Includes a nice version of Take Five running 7:07.

Picked up both "Dusty in Memphis" and the 3 disc anthology ..... yeah, its not cutting edge stuff , but I really like her voice and production values are very high
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Be Bop Deluxe - Modern Music
    (1977, Harvest) MASTERED BY CAPITOL Wly in the deadwax; mastered by Wally Traugott at Capitol

British progressive rock. This is the one Be Bop Deluxe record that I don't have, so I was glad to spot this excellent copy in the $1 HPB clearance bins today. This one is a lot of blistering hard guitar rock, great stuff.

Bill Nelson - Flaming Desire And Other Passions
    (1982, PVC) STERLING in the deadwax

solo album from the Be Bop Deluxe founder.

Name:  CGT_4404.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  98.9 KB
    The California Guitar trio - 20th Anniversary Tour. They played at the Barns of Wolf Trap
    last night and had a recorder going, then sold CDs of the show we had just attended afterwards.
    Had a computer with 9 burners in it on the Sales table - and sold 40 CDs to the fans/audience ...!

These guys have an eclectic mix - from Dick Dale (Miserlou), theme from The Good The Bad and the Ugly,
    a Bach prelude, Echos (Pink Floyd), Forbidden Colours (Sakamoto), Bohemian Rhapsody, plus a number of their own compositions ...
    They've got about 10 albums out ...

Bert Lams - Brussels Belgium; Hidayo Moriya, Chiba, Japan; Paul Richards - Salt lake City, Utah.
    They met during Robert Fripp's Guitar Circle courses over 20 years ago and have been touring
    ever since. Amazing band of guys - highly recommended !

see - https://www.cgtrio.com/tour-dates/tour
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

H.P. Lovecraft - H.P. Lovecraft II
    (1968, Phillips)

The 2nd record by the US band with psychedelic and folk-rock influences. recorded in the summer of 1968 in L.A.

The Sonics - Boom
    [1986, Fun Club]
    Reissue of 1966 Etiquette Records legendary garage lp

Name:  DSC03125.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  299.6 KB

Favourite tracks: He's waitin', Shot Down, Cinderella, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and Great!!! version of Louie Louie.
    COOL !!!

Link Wray - Bullshot
    [1979, Visa Records]
    Mastered at Sterling Sound by Greg Calbi

Name:  DSC03101.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  303.6 KB

The Cramps - Fiends of Dope Island
    [2003, Vengeance]
    On Blood Red Vinyl

Name:  DSC03131.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  233.4 KB

Their last great adventure.
    R.I.P. Lux Interior

Pearl Jam - No Code
    (1996, Epic)

rocking out with the local homeboys, I agree with a music critic that I heard discussing the 90s ("I Love The 90s'") this week on NPR's All Music Considered show...these guys along with Nirvana, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees lots of others brought back guitar rock in the 90s, and made mainstream rock radio listenable for a brief period. 20 years ago! These guys are still making great popular music. I grabbed this record at a garage sale last summer for $1.

The Sonics

Quote Originally Posted by renerox View Post
    The Sonics - Boom
    [1986, Fun Club]
    Reissue of 1966 Etiquette Records legendary garage lp

Favourite tracks: He's waitin', Shot Down, Cinderella, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and Great!!! version of Louie Louie.
    COOL !!!
    great record, more great local music. I saw the original pressing in the bins last year but I guess not a big surprise the LP was trashed. I know a local guy who found a good condition LP at a Half Price books for a buck. samples of The Sonics on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20S_kwNb4rg

California Guitar Trio

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    These guys have an eclectic mix - from Dick Dale (Miserlou), theme from The Good The Bad and the Ugly,
    a Bach prelude, Echos (Pink Floyd), Forbidden Colours (Sakamoto), Bohemian Rhapsody, plus a number of their own compositions ...
    nice. That is quite a range of music in that set list.

Thread Information