Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL 4318???

JBL 4318???

Where did this come from?? Anyone else see this off the JBL Consumer Site??? I saw this link posted on AA. It's strange cause you can't get there from the normal Product Finder. There is no sub category for Studio Monitors??

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...CheckProduct=Y

Rob

From the manual:

"5. Attenuator Adjustment

Independent, continuous variable attenuators are used for each unit to adjust the MF (mid-frequencies) and HF (highfrequencies) levels to the speaker's woofer level. Make adjustments appropriate to the reverb in the actual room, and to your liking. In general, for most speakers, it takes about 1 – 2 months after initial use until the unit's vibration system yields optimum performance. As the level balance is expected to initially change with use, we recommend that you readjust the level accordingly."

Neodymium 2213?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Consumer
    30 cm pure pulp cone woofer 2213Nd
    Anyone know anything about this 2213 do-over...?
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I'm not sure I understand your question: i.e. if you have never heard of this system before or if you are just wondering why it has just been listed on the US website.

For those who don't know, the system has been around for a few months, at least in Japan. It's the latest evolution of the 431x series that, without exaggeration, must be pushing two dozen variants by now. The fact that it shows up on the US website is likely a reflection of JBL President Paul Bente's strategy to move towards a single product line that is marketed globally as opposed to separate European, Asian and North American product lines.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie
    The fact that it shows up on the US website is likely a reflection of JBL President Paul Bente's strategy to move towards a single product line that is marketed globally...
    Nice.

Uh-oh... That means we ALL gotta restock!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I wasn't aware of it's existance and was surprised the link was to JBL Consumer and not the asian site.

Thanks Rob

The 2213nd was introduced in the 4312D last year - just another one of the dozens of 431x variants. It is a differential drive version of the venerable 2213H using a neodymium magnet and 3" coil.

Don

- This model was first mentioned a couple of years back by "Eagle-Scout"; Herve .

- A recent link to its' tech sheet is here ! ( as well as a few others ).

- A neodym. 2213 ? I guess someone has to have these.

Those Studio Monitors are tricky to find on the website.

I know of the 4348 but cannot seem to find it by "conventional" mousing around. So, I edited Rob's search string and found it...

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...CheckProduct=Y
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

The fact that it shows up on the US website is likely a reflection of JBL President Paul Bente's strategy to move towards a single product line that is marketed globally as opposed to separate European, Asian and North American product lines.
    That would be cool if everything was available here to us also...

if so then most likely they are working on the web site creating the pages ( for testing and reviewing)and then will link them together at some time in the future.

This could really big news!!!!!!

keep testing and editing for other models too

For those who don't know, the system has been around for a few months, at least in Japan. It's the latest evolution of the 431x series that, without exaggeration, must be pushing two dozen variants by now. The fact that it shows up on the US website is likely a reflection of JBL President Paul Bente's strategy to move towards a single product line that is marketed globally as opposed to separate European, Asian and North American product lines.
    Seems somebody....somebodies...have been paying attention.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Just to be clear, this is a long term strategy that has been underway for around three years and continues to evolve. There is no final date, nor is it guaranteed, that JBL will end up with a single global product line. However, significant headway is being made. All engineering for significant JBL products is now being done in Northridge. The European product line (particularly Tik) has been discontinued in favor of Project Array which already is being marketed worldwide. Starting with S9800, all of the K2 systems are being made available in North America, as well as Japan.

BTW, the significant development that I referred to in the post that Zilch referenced above is not this. That development is still coming in September. Beyond that, I will say nothing more.

Don

Hopefully...the significant development will be to re-arrange the organizational chart for ALL of JBL...both Professional, Consumer, and Int'l to be headquarted in Northridge, CA.

The singular most detrimental thing to happen to the JBL Brand name was the "New York" attitude....Bring it all back home.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Thread Information