Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meyer CP-10

nah !

Hi Krunchy,

it was fubar from the pics they sent. Also, after conversations with Bo and Widget-dont shop with them either, both have more expensive taste than me I decided not to change.
    To replace the the features in the Deqx would cost a small fortune. Plus, bo and I worked so hard to set the PEQ in the Deqx . There would be tears if I lost quality in sound now. I'm also trying to sell my organs to buy this MSB.
    Not to mention another purchase that was a tad expensive
    And then theres the move to Berlin that gets put back everytime pretty Led's catch my eye. I still dont have a decent CD player yet.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    it was fubar from the pics they sent. Also, after conversations with Bo and Widget-dont shop with them either, both have more expensive taste than me I decided not to change.I'm also trying to sell my organs to buy this MSB.
    Hello Rich,
    Sorry the unit did not work out,, thats too bad, I'm sure something else will come up just at the right time & I'll try to remember not to go shopping with thems gentlemen
    Good luck with the organ auctions, just put a reserve on em and let em ride.
    w Barney Gumble voice....DIBS ON THE LIVER!

E D I T:

Atually you better hold onto that particular organ if you are moving to Berlin.
    All the best Rich!
    Just Play Music.

CP-10

Based on recommendations from Bo and others I decided to try a CP-10. I must say it is one of the most natural sounding equalizers I've heard. I still like my White 4400s but the CP=10 beats it in terms of phase shift. I was fortunate to find one on Ebay for 490.00 in good shape. At some point I will send it off to Meyer to insure it is calibrated properly, but all pots are dead quiet and it functions flawlessly. I will have to get an RTA to set it up properly but for now I am having fun playing with it. Again thanks for the recommendation it was money well spent.

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats

Congrats to Al and Krunchy. Nice unit. I'm jealous.
    Krunchy don't be afraid to twist the knobs in learning how to use it. Playing with an EQ is also good for ear training IMOP. Just don't have your amp cranked while you're boosting like crazy. (Don't forget to cut too.) I'm sure you've already tweaked and twisted yourself to oblivion by the time you've read this.

Quote Originally Posted by alskinner View Post
    ..I was fortunate to find one on Ebay for 490.00 in good shape.
    Gollydam, Al - that is a phenomenal price! And, with all the knobs in-tact! Good one. I have never heard of one going for that price. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by alskinner View Post
    ...I must say it is one of the most natural sounding equalizers I've heard. I still like my White 4400s but the CP-10 beats it in terms of phase shift.

Congratulations Al !, now that is a great price you'll be very happy with their customer service as stated in previous post.

Skywave, Been twisted for a while, now trying to de-twist, got unit back today, may hopefully be twisting tonight
    Just Play Music.

Hi Bo! I finally had a chance to hook up the cp-10 to my office system, and !!! I've never heard anything like that, just a coulple of tweaks, I am really dumbfounded. This fact with one of the first things you said to me when I joined the forum "just wait till you hear 4313B's" (which is what I have them hooked up with now) have me floored.
    I cannot thank you enough! but I'll try, thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    ...thank you...
    I think that speaks to the core of this place. We all love to hear of user's progress through the JBL lines, and their observations.

In this case, the 4313B with a CP-10 has gotta be pretty pure stuff. Nice choices...

Agreed! I would not be in the position I find myself in today if it were not for the kindness and knowledge and the willingness of the members of this fourum to share their vast knowledge with all of us. I am deeply gratefull and contiue to be so for this place has enriched my life in many different ways, expanding my horizons in music and my understanding (still limited) of speakers and gear that I would not have thought of in a million years, especially bi-amping .

From my humble MR38s to the 4313b's if my progression ended here I would be in musical/audio bliss to the end of my days, the 4345's are icing on top of icing on top of cake...... MMM SWEEEET!
    Just Play Music.

Ah !

Hi Krunchy,

the 4345's have been licking someone. They just get better and better. "Not possible you say" How much icing can you eat Big Boy. I'm hoping
    you will help me rekindle the the 4345 club thread. I think we should all stick
    photo's of our girls on there and write a little bit about the history of the journey.

I can only reiterate the gratitude you expressed so eloquently in your last post. The 4345 is wonderful thing. That Greg Timbers guy is

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    the 4345's have been licking someone. They just get better and better. "Not possible you say" How much icing can you eat Big Boy. I'm hoping
    you will help me rekindle the the 4345 club thread. I think we should all stick photo's of our girls on there and write a little bit about the history of the journey.Rich
    You were'nt kidding, I thought of that remark when I was playing them on saturday morning. Yeah, unbelievable Rich! I do not doubt you or anyone else for a minute. I was just playing them straight, no eq, cant imagine what they would sound like with the Meyer, the 4313B's were night and day, just speechless.
    Bo, I believe you are using the CP-10 in conjunction with the Ashly cross over, did you ever use it with the 5234A?

Rich, anything I can contribute to the 4345 club I will do so with great eagerness, let me know what else you got in mind, a worthy endevour (chomp!)
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    I think that speaks to the core of this place. We all love to hear of user's progress through the JBL lines, and their observations.

In this case, the 4313B with a CP-10 has gotta be pretty pure stuff. Nice choices...
    Bo

I am surprised you did not try the CP-10 on the home system sooner....

Better yet, by-pass the upper 2 x-over points on that internal crossover and get Widgets Deqx to try out. I suspect, you will never go back.

Hope your well...

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Bo, I believe you are using the CP-10 in conjunction with the Ashly crossover, did you ever use it with the 5234A?...
    No.

Like all here, the system evolved - iterations:

#1 - JBL 5234a, Ashly QGX3102. This was a nice system, great sound. The filters proved a bit wide for my needs, but certainly far ahead of anything I'd previously had.

#2 - Ashly XR1001, Ashly QGX3102. This improved the S/N with the quasi-balanced XR1001.

#3 - Ashly XR1001, KlarkTeknik DN370. Big improvement on the EQ filter precision.

#4 - Bryston 10B, KlarkTeknik DN370. Vast improvement on crossover - clarity, soundstage, all of it. Interestingly, this change reduced much of the EQ needed in the +2kHz range... The Bryston is much more transparent.

#5 - Bryston 10B, Meyer CP-10. Uh, that's pretty much the best I can imagine. The precision of the PEQ is more desireable for this set-up.

Interesting!, thank you Bo.
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky View Post
    I am surprised you did not try the CP-10 on the home system sooner....
    Yea, well, as I say...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    ...I've got five of these scattered through my various SR racks - I really like them at FOH (powerful tools), but have never tried them in a "listening" setting.
    I had no spares. Two lived in rehearsal studio racks, and the rest were deployed in the various roadracks. That band blew-up, and so I retrieved all my gear from their studio. Viola! Some spares to try for myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky View Post
    Better yet, by-pass the upper 2 x-over points on that internal crossover and get Widgets DEQX to try out.
    I patiently await a custom new build of the stock network topology. You know me - I'm staying close to original as possible with these.

Thread Information