Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Synthesis - Something BIG is on its way...

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well after being in the freight tranportation bizz for the last 20 plus years I can say this.

Only Groceries should be stacked that high on a pallet.

Second, whoever stacked the boxes seemed to think having the boxes overhang the pallet was no problem, Wrong.

If the boxes were located within the pallet, they most likly would of made the trip unharmed.
    These guys aren't in the freight business. It's UPS.

Apologies to any UPSers on the forum. It was just a joke. In fact, my son worked for UPS while in college, so I have nothing but utter respect for it. Or is that UDDER respect? ha ha The letters are brown.
    Out.

Hopefully you'll be able to get a replacement in short order and not be tied up because the distributor who sold it to your distributor had incentive to move his stock-on-hand an has no more. Someone needs to take some responsibility, and quickly! I want to hear some music!! (Vicariously, of course. )

doG's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Someone needs to take some responsibility, and quickly! I want to hear some music!! (Vicariously, of course. )
    I think the contractors need to do their magic and the room tuning needs to happen before Dome can even call out the techs to set up and tune the system... patience my friend. Just remember how long it has taken to determine plus vs. minus in your significantly simpler installation.

Widget

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    UPS has an ad campaign in the US
    "Ask what Brown can do for you" - playing off the fact that the trucks and uniforms are brown ...

Its not like the ads from "The Groove Tube" (or was that "Kentucky Fried Movie") about "Brown 25 - another fine product from Uranus Corporation"
    with visuals you don't even need to imagine ...
    LOL I think it LOL that was funny thanks for clarifying that LOL.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I don't have a good shot of it, but this picture shows it. Look at the gold RCA inputs at the top. The closest one on the right still has the washer and nut on it. The other four were pushed in by the impact and the nuts were stripped right off the shafts.
    Gold pleated what no XLR connections? Thing is do you think you got a good deal or raw deal on this wonderful JBL package. If it was me, I’d be barking mad on the phone. What we’re talking about here is the principle those connections shouldn’t be buggered up.

I remember when I got my B-stock Alesis RA300 the heat sink was pushed in on the left side as if it was dropped on the floor? Well they are mildly heavy!

Just wondering if someone had butter-fingers and dropped the amp on the floor?

Just saw this on FleaBay!
    JBL S2A Dipole THX Synthesis Surround spkrs Free S&H!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-S2A-Dipole-THX-Synthesis-Surround-spkrs-Free-S-H_W0QQitemZ200296579450QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers _Subwoofers?hash=item200296579450

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ... patience my friend. Just remember how long it has taken to determine plus vs. minus in your significantly simpler installation.
    Yeah, I know:
    I've got a contractor coming by tomorrow to estimate some flatwork for me.
    Some estimates for room treatments are on the way.
    In the end, I'll probably do 80% of the work myself, so it'll be weeks, not days before this all comes together.
    . . . my concern was that Dome's new thread has already hit over the 100-post point so it's bound to jump-the-shark shortly!

Congrats Dome!

Fantastic system, this thread is going to require many emptyings of the drool cup.
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

JBL 4645
    Yeah, I know:. . . my concern was that Dome's new thread has already hit over the 100-post point so it's bound to jump-the-shark shortly!
    You seem optimistic about his thread. I wonder what conduction the speakers are in please no foam surround no foam surround.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Gold pleated what no XLR connections? Thing is do you think you got a good deal or raw deal on this wonderful JBL package. If it was me, I’d be barking mad on the phone. What we’re talking about here is the principle those connections shouldn’t be buggered up.
    I'm happy without the XLRs. I got a good deal. I've been on the phone a couple of times with the dealer, and he's been pleasant and supportive. He's working with UPS to handle the problem.

Widget is 100% right. It will be a while before any sound comes out of this system. I haven't even had time to take anything out of the box after my initial, cursory inspection for shipping damage. I'm not even sure HOW I'll get some of it out. It's too much for a single person. I might be asking someone to come help me.

My goal is to have things set up before the end of March. I'm trying to discipline myself to do this right, at least within the limits of my budget.
    Out.

Yeah, I know:. . . my concern was that Dome's new thread has already hit over the 100-post point so it's bound to jump-the-shark shortly!
    Not to fret... Dome is the king of long threads. Take a look at his Performance thread... this is bound to double that.

Actually on that note, perhaps he'll see fit to start a new thread once the install begins.

Widget

JBL 4645
    Dome

I was thinking maybe you should test the loudspeakers out with other amplifiers, just to make sure their all working.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Dome

I was thinking maybe you should test the loudspeakers out with other amplifiers, just to make sure their all working.
    I'm flying my dad and his wife in today for a week's visit and his birthday. They'll get some relief from Ohio's hard winter. Tomorrow's a holiday, so maybe I can get him to help me with some of the bigger stuff.

OTOH, the ol' gaffer is going to be 84 on Tuesday, so I'd better take it easy with him.
    Out.

S5160

UPS picked up the damaged S5160 yesterday, and it's on its way to "damage analysis." Hopefully, I'll get a reply (from the shipper) about its disposition in a couple of days.

Here's hoping...
    Out.

UPS picked up the damaged S5160 yesterday, and it's on its way to "damage analysis." Hopefully, I'll get a reply (from the shipper) about its disposition in a couple of days.

Here's hoping...
    They will try to say it's worth 1/2 of what it is, and offer that amount. Been there, done that, although that was with used vintage gear. But it's for certain that the declared value is ignored in determining actual loss. Also expect the process to drag out for a month or more.

When I had shipping damage on a new speaker, it was Amazon that stepped up and took the loss by offering me a 20% rebate.

This is where you find out if the dealer is worth what they're getting for markup.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    They will try to say it's worth 1/2 of what it is, and offer that amount. Been there, done that, although that was with used vintage gear. But it's for certain that the declared value is ignored in determining actual loss. Also expect the process to drag out for a month or more.
    Not my experience. A UPS claims investigator came to my shop, took photos of the damaged box and contents and the shipper was sent a check for the full stated value. The shipper being a decent fellow sent the full amount on to me. I anticipated all kinds of grief, but both the shipper/seller and UPS were easy to deal with. The entire process did take a few weeks, but I suppose that is understandable.

Widget

Thread Information