Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: RIP Zilch

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    Evan Powell is what his name is listed as in the AK announcement...
    Exactly, but when he sent me a kit of gear to play with a couple years back,
    the last name for his return address was NOT Powell (my maiden name).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Regardless, it is nice to see that Evan got the nod.

Widget
    Absolutely agree!! What a good guy!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    Is what his name is listed as in the AK announcement...
    I realize that... I guess it is just another example of don't believe everything you read on the web.

Regardless, it is nice to see that Evan got the nod.

Widget

It's funny--not as a joke funny--that his name got mangled after seeing the huge outpouring over at AK. There's no mistaking who Zilch is though.
    Out.

Evan's name has been corrected. Glad he was recognized for his contributions and for being an all around guy.

We need to have a memorial page for each member we've lost too. Lest we forget them and their contributions.

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

RIP Zilch

What a generous spirit and model of audio passion for us to lose.

When I first got my new-to-me L200 pair he answered my mulitple noob questions with patience, depth, and his typical directness: "Fake, but fun." was added to my audio lexicon. I initially thought he was somewhat humorless, but the more I read his threads, the more I realized that was my mistake.

We were indeed fortunate to have him contribute and challenge us.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    It's funny--not as a joke funny--that his name got mangled after seeing the huge outpouring over at AK. There's no mistaking who Zilch is though.
    That's for sure. He was a unique individual.

Evan Flavell (Zilch)

Evan has passed on now 2 months already.And already the boards are that much quiter without his contributions, that all of us will see are trually a great, great, loss.A super,super, intelligent guy, who always had the answers, and if he didn't, he would get at it until he did.I also miss his humor !

May he rest in peace !
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

Oh man!
    I just saw this thread, that sucks .

Last year Scott and now Zilch.

RIP my friend, I'm sure evrything sounds good up there.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaulive View Post
    Last year Scott and now Zilch.
    Steve Higgins too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Steve Higgins too.
    And Drew Daniels. Been a tough year.

Hi. I have been thinking about this. We, the "old gard" know this. The new members don't know, and they see a thread posted by someone who is not with us anymore, and post a question. They obviously don't get a reply.

What about making a forum, where all posts from members tat is no more here, or a "pop up" that says something that the starter of this thread is no longer with us?

I don't know, just a thought. What do you think?

We have lost a number of old friends, there are possibly others too whose passing I may have missed. Here is the list that comes to mind: Zilch, Scotty, Johnaec, Steveh, and Tom Loizeaux. Tom passed away a few years ago, but the rest were more recent. I have just changed their "User Title" to RIP and year. I guess as the forum grows older and we do too this list will inevitably also grow.

I thought it might be nice to find some way to memorialize these old friends, but as yet nothing really solid has come to mind. We moderators are certainly open to suggestions.

Widget

I was thinking a long the same lines as well with the user title.

"Gone But Not Forgotten" Year or Date. What makes the boards so special IMO is that we all have so many different views or tastes on speakers,amps,audio in general.But we all act as one when it concerns one of our members.Who are Loved by so many Folks.It's an Honor to be a part of that ! I didn't know Evan as well as some other Folks here, but he still had time to help me with XO questions for my new Custom build.I imagine that Evan replied to just as many PM's as he did in threads to help people, as he did with me on the Altec board.Just a very Generous Guy who is dearly missed.

Rest in Peace Evan, and Thank You !

Zilch auditions the Econowave Deluxe for the Northern California DIY Audio

http://youtu.be/WvNH23XfeVI
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

This is a very good thing to do Widget. I am very sure that many other members, not so well known as the ones in question here, that has past away over the years, and we have never heard anything about it.

Not that I have any plans to leave the planet for many years, but in my will I have instructed my family to write a note to the forum the day it happens. Anybody else done or have been thinking about this?

We have lost a number of old friends, there are possibly others too whose passing I may have missed. Here is the list that comes to mind: Zilch, Scotty, Johnaec, Steveh, and Tom Loizeaux. Tom passed away a few years ago, but the rest were more recent. I have just changed their "User Title" to RIP and year. I guess as the forum grows older and we do too this list will inevitably also grow.

I thought it might be nice to find some way to memorialize these old friends, but as yet nothing really solid has come to mind. We moderators are certainly open to suggestions.

Widget

Widget
    Widget

johnaec is still listed as a senior member. Did you mean to change that?

It's not the final answer, but it is a way to at least let those less familiar with the site know that some of our more prolific members are no longer with us.
    Out.

Thread Information