Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4367 first listen

No matter how large your speakers, there's a simple cure for when they start to overpower your listening room: counter-clockwise rotation of the volume control.

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    No matter how large your speakers, there's a simple cure for when they start to overpower your listening room: counter-clockwise rotation of the volume control.
    Really? It’s that easy? I’ll give it a try and get back to you.

Widget

Might be a bit difficult to reduce the reverberation time without re building the room

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    I think that counter rotation causes the volume to UP in Ian's part of world. Or maybe I am thinking of something else.
    David F
    San Jose

Totally

Once l have the in ground pool done in Jan l am told l can have anything!

Well it might have to be the 4367s

Quote Originally Posted by Bredin View Post
    I'm the same as you. I'm really in love the "Japanese audiophile culture". My apartment is even smaller than yours at 37m^2, but my room is somewhat bigger 3,5mx5m. Seeing you using them in a smaller room then mine made me confident enough to pull the trigger, I was somewhat worried that they would totally overpower the room, but they seem to work quite well.
    Here's a picture of my setup in my dark mancave in Sweden:
    Attachment 79284
    Attachment 79287
    Wow! I think your room looks great with the black 4367 stuffed in there!

I found that listening @ 3m is fine with them in my small room. I am very aware of the recording quality with these speakers. On so many recordings the speakers sound just "meh" but with good recordings they sound fantastic.

After selling my 4367s a couple of months ago, I was given a deal on a pair of Revel Salon 2 that I couldn't pass up, so I gave them a try.

As a friend said, " I can see why so many people like them". However, I think they are just pleasant. Sort of "the Sade of speakers". Maybe it's because I have Tinnitus and moderate hearing loss above 11K hertz, but I'm missing the snap and tonality compared to the 4367's. They don't get my feet tapping.

Anybody want a pair of one month old Revels?

So, my buddy brought home a pair of M2's that are waiting for me in his garage once I get the Salons sold.

As I understand it, they "fix" the two areas that I found lacking in the 4367's; mainly limited bass extension and accentuated treble output @ 11-12khz. I'm looking forward to the merry go round of processor, amplifier, DSP swapping. I enjoy that part of the hobby a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

how about K2-S9900?
    there is a new pair for sale on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-Synthes...gAAOSwopRYhoou

Hi Hlaari,

I hear the K2's quite often at my friend's house, and I prefer the harder hitting bass output of the driver in the 4367. As you know, the M2 has essentially the same bass driver as the 4367, so I am betting that it hit's as hard, but goes deeper.

I've wanted the M2's for a few years now, so once I get rid of the Salons, they are next.

I read this thread this afternoon and talked myself out of buying a pair of 4367s half way through then got to the end and talked myself back into buy them. Amusing.

Listening is a deeply personal experience. It’s entirely up to the individual.

Unfortunately we all tend listen with our eyes. That’s one useful disclosure about Harman’s research that makes sense.

Test curves, in particular magazine curves are terrible PR.

Thinking about similar systems the 4338 was nice. l really liked that system so it will be interesting to listen to the 4367.

I have heard the 4365 but only at a show. People were sitting on the floor worshipping it like it was a God FFS.

They have a pair over the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I read this thread this afternoon and talked myself out of buying a pair of 4367s half way through then got to the end and talked myself back into buy them. Amusing.

Listening is a deeply personal experience. It’s entirely up to the individual.

Unfortunately we all tend listen with our eyes. That’s one useful disclosure about Harman’s research that makes sense.

Test curves, in particular magazine curves are terrible PR.

Thinking about similar systems the 4338 was nice. l really liked that system so it will be interesting to listen to the 4367.

I have heard the 4365 but only at a show. People were sitting on the floor worshipping it like it was a God FFS.

They have a pair over the river.
    I listened to the 4367 at CES along with the new L100 Classic.

I preferred the midrange voicing, soundstage and imaging of the L100 Classic over the 4367. I preferred the effortless bass response of the 4367.

The midrange...voices, sax, piano, guitar...retreated into the box with the 4376, whereas with the L100 Classic it was nicely set in front of the speakers in the room. The high end was actually nicer with the 4367, more detailed and present. The build quality on the L100 Classic is suspect with the front baffle vinyl covering peeling off the left demo speaker. The quadrex grille foam will not fit the original L100 as the new model is significantly larger. Not worth $4,000.00/pair. It's not built in the US with US craftsmen, so you can throw the inflation calculator out the window. The build quality of the 4367 is excellent as it should be for $15,000.00/pair, but the walnut veneer is nowhere close to the old days. It's looks are "non-organic. Same with the L100 Classic. The Logo plate/L-Pad mount on the L100 Classic is also pretty cheesy looking.

Down the hall at ELAC with Andrew Jones, I heard a phenomenal new series named ARGO. A super compact, actively triamped, diminutive system that puts anything to shame Harman currently offers, all for a price of $2,000.00/pair coming mid-year.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

World beaters have never been any good for brand loyalty.

It would be interesting to compare the 9900 to the 4367

Has anyone done that?

The retailer l plan to see has both on the floor.

Has anyone done that?

Good idea,i am curious to konw the results

I think 4367 is better than 4365, especially on bass
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    I think 4367 is better than 4365, especially on bass
    Is it, Martin ?????

Ivica

Has anyone done that?

Hey Ian, that would be a great experience! Looking forward to your comments...
    Out.

Thread Information