Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha P-2200

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    Viel.. kan. da. jema.. übersetz..
    "Maybe someone can translate ..."
    First try:
    Three - two - one - zero: Eckards HD will crash.
    Last backup is still running.

PS: I hope the Yamaha is ok!

paragon

On my way to LA

Just hear it (Live Version).
    Great !!

paragon

still working

Amp is still working. A little hum is heared your ear is very near at the K145. The JBL 6290 you can not use for Home HiFi, because of the cooling fan and the mechanical hum of the big transformer !

Regards Eckhard

Ah, you folks shared too much of a good thing - now Mech snapped the one I wuz lookin at!
    Well, it was nearly local for him - hope he got a good one!

Powerless over meters!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Ah, you folks shared too much of a good thing - now Mech snapped the one I wuz lookin at! Hope he got a good one!

Powerless over meters!
    A very hearty "good Luck" in your quest!!!

Scotty.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

paragon

Yamaha P-2200

I heared this amp enough. The sound is very good.
    Ich kann dieses Teil nur empfehlen !!
    Würde gern den 50`sten Birthday von mir und meiner Frau mit JBL und diesen Teilen realisieren. Was meint Ihr dazu ?

Gruß, Eckhard

Nice looking amp, the picture of the inside looks very similar to the inside of my M-2 (Which was also acquired in Germany!)

Though I thought the P-2002 was the pro version of the M-2, The P-2002 and the P-2200 seem to have very similar specs; I wonder what the differences are?

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    Got my new (old) poweramp to drive my 4530 today.
    Looks good, everything is working after 30 years.
    Sounds like new.
    I love this wide range analog peakmeters on old amps !
    Great amps !!!! I have two 2200's. One for my altec 816's with 3156 speakers in it. And one for my mid/hight speakers. The sound is great !! Someone wanted to shit me out with a DAP Audio amp. I sad uhmmmm ..... NOT....... The 2200's are wrilly good boys. i'm using them in combination with original yamaha F1030 frequency dividing networks.

Those peak meters are so cool. I allways read them when i'm going on a production.
    At another place we ave allso one 2200 on tannoy SRM-15x loudspeakers. That allso sounds great !!

paragon

P-2200

Yes, this is a great amp i think two. And it`s similar to the "Home M2 amp" exept the meter. Yamaha realize the analog peak powermeters with an special IC. Range is about enormous 60 dB. And sensitivity is about 10 milliseconds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Repair P2200 Yamaha amps

Hey, I know I am resurrecting an ancient thread, but if anyone is still watching;

I have two of these awesome amplifiers that have bad/blown channels. I need to know where I can send them to have high quality work done on them to restore them to original specs.

I have taken one to a local pro audio tech and I was told to just toss this classic beauty and buy something newer (disposable) with twice the power.

I already have plenty of NEW power amps, but none of them can slam a complex impedance like these can.

Anyone know of a service tech who can save these babies?

Quote Originally Posted by BeDome View Post
    Hey, I know I am resurrecting an ancient thread, but if anyone is still watching;

I have two of these awesome amplifiers that have bad/blown channels. I need to know where I can send them to have high quality work done on them to restore them to original specs.

I have taken one to a local pro audio tech and I was told to just toss this classic beauty and buy something newer (disposable) with twice the power.

I already have plenty of NEW power amps, but none of them can slam a complex impedance like these can.

Anyone know of a service tech who can save these babies?
    Welcome to Lansing Heritage! You're in Indianapolis? Yes, these are classic amps, deserving of being repaired and or rebuilt. They are oldies but goodies!

Go to Audiokarma.org and become a member there. Then search for member Avionic, he's in Fort Dodge, Iowa which isn't too far (500 miles) so shipping may not be awful, just pack them really well.

Here's his member info:
    http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=14955

Or you could start a thread there to see who else might be recommended that may be closer or also can do the work, assuming you can ship. Another member is Echowars who is in Kansas City, Mo. But he is also very busy.

Regards,

Bart (mech986 here and at AK)
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Hi Bedone. Welcome to the forum. Those amps are work horses. Anyone serious tech can work on those amps. There's nothing technically special in them. Some parts have been superceeded but can still be replaced. If the problem is with the output transistors, then replace them all. If one has failed, it has damaged another, and the next. I have two on-duty P2200, two on-duty PC2002, one on-duty PC1002 and a for-parts P2200. The ones that work are used on a daily basis.

I use the P2200s as 240wpc stereo amps and the PC2002s as 700w bridged mono amps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Hi Bedone. Welcome to the forum. Those amps are work horses. Anyone serious tech can work on those amps. There's nothing technically special in them. Some parts have been superceeded but can still be replaced. If the problem is with the output transistors, then replace them all. If one has failed, it has damaged another, and the next. I have two on-duty P2200, two on-duty PC2002, one on-duty PC1002 and a for-parts P2200. The ones that work are used on a daily basis.

I use the P2200s as 240wpc stereo amps and the PC2002s as 700w bridged mono amps.

Heh, one can NEVER have enough clean power!
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Roger that!!

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Heh, one can NEVER have enough clean power!

Thanks for the insight fellas!

One I have was used constantly since I bought it new (I bought either the first or second one to arrive in my area at the time they just came out), until about two years ago when one channel went down. F'ing KILLER service from a piece of gear!!

I then switched it out with another (newer, but basically the same era) which had done ten years of hard day to day road use. That one went about four months (after hibernating in a road case for a number of years) before one channel "went dead" on that one (Different, however, because it just buzzes at 70v - maybe just a cap or two and not the entire output banks?)

I will try to contact one of these guys.

I am disgusted with the level if disregard I get from local "techs" (at Guitar Center? REALLY! how many super classics do they have on their racks!) telling me not to bother with these amps.

Thanks!

No registrations at Audio Karma?

Wow, registration is suspended by the administrator ...

Hopefully they are just backing up the forum. I will try again later.

Thread Information