Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jbl 4349

Jbl 4349

did i miss the post on them ?

[opinion]
    Appears to be a more home-friendly and JBL-geek-aesthetic "bookshelf" lil-bro M2 with passive crossover.
    Not sure who would review or what they would compare them to...
    [/opinion]

Quote Originally Posted by davidpou View Post
    did i miss the post on them ?
    I think there was a brief mention about them on a thread relating to new JBL introductions in Japan. Otherwise I don’t believe anyone has brought them up. To me they look like a product that was designed to look like a professional monitor, but is aimed at the home market.

I have lost interest in JBL’s consumer offerings in recent years so I haven’t paid any attention to what has been released. That doesn’t mean that these suck, they may be fine speakers, but just because they are made by JBL is no guarantee of quality either. Also in recent years JBL here in the US has not been a great company if you have warranty issues.

Widget

that s what i thought: lost of interest....

there was a time youguys would have dissected it at six hands...sad...this is the end of an era...
    they are coming to europe apparently so why not to the states ?

I was trying to understand the need after the 4367 and the 4429 for this 4349.... even the number is not obvious to me ... why back and forth with the 43 and 44 ? marketing ?
    they are more baby 4367 for being two way, and having the D2415K.... and this woofer JW300PG-8 .... going down to 32Hz ? not bad.

i know i am not even teasing you

that s what i thought: lost of interest...
    Back when GT was still at Harman designing really amazing speakers like the Array Series, the S-9900s, the Everests etc., there were really good reasons to get excited by new speaker introductions. Today, yeah, maybe... or maybe not.

Widget

Shown price is in Swedish kroner.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

I was trying to understand the need after the 4367 and the 4429 for this 4349.... even the number is not obvious to me ... why back and forth with the 43 and 44 ? marketing ?
    they are more baby 4367 for being two way, and having the D2415K.... and this woofer JW300PG-8 .... going down to 32Hz ? not bad.
    I also have a hard time figuring out the model name, 4432 would have been a more appropriate name, I guess.

I had both the 4429 and 4367, loved the 4429 and never became good friends with the 4367, way to detailed for me. Anyway I was looking for a pair of second hand 4429 as I really regret selling them, but since availability in Denmark is low for the model, I went to audition the 4349 expecting them to be everything I hate about Samsung products, bright and annoying like hell. But boy was I wrong, the 4349 is not tuned for the Japanese market, it has a nice sweet rounded top, and some hard hitting woofer output.

They had only played for a few hours in the store, and I only had them under my control for 40 minutes, but I really loved them so much that I did place an order for delivery next week .

Compared to the 4429, the top end was more coherent, and the low end was much deeper and warmer with plenty of details. I'm sure that the 4349 will become a all time favorites in many homes, JBL really did an excellent job both with both the design and the sound.

I hate to say it, but I guess I love Samsung products now

Quote Originally Posted by DK11706 View Post
    They had only played for a few hours in the store, and I only had them under my control for 40 minutes, but I really loved them so much that I did place an order for delivery next week .
    Cool, please post an update once you get them home. I'd love to hear your listening impressions as they break in and also would love to see photos.

The on-line images are not very good.

Widget

I quite like the format of that speaker , it's been five years comin , a smaller M2 except it isnt.
    I do wonder if they had ( in pro ) gone mini M2 with the 2415 and the 12" version of the 2216 ( 2262 ? ) AND the full DSP Crown system , would that not have been a winner.
    However , this is kinda a 4425 brought up to date but it's pretty good looking .
    I reckon it will sell well and sound good.
    Well done Samsung.

Lots of chatter here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...peakers.14980/

I know, I know.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Lots of chatter here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...peakers.14980/

I know, I know.
    This is the 12" two-way that has me excited. Not aesthetically, but it has a proper 4" compression driver and a tough as blazes 12" woofer. It has respectable bass performance solo, but is designed to be augmented.

https://meyersound.com/download/ache...=58b9e6f0d9b9a

PS: 100% made in California if that matters.

Widget

I would love to hear these.

Made in CA? Hell yeah!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I wonder who Harman has hired to get this system to market?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    This is the 12" two-way that has me excited. Not aesthetically, but it has a proper 4" compression driver and a tough as blazes 12" woofer. It has respectable bass performance solo, but is designed to be augmented.

https://meyersound.com/download/ache...=58b9e6f0d9b9a

PS: 100% made in California if that matters.

Widget

It's always a plus for us Californians when something is made here. I've looked for a price at four retailers who say they carry them but cannot find an MSRP for the Acheron Designer. Any idea?
    Out.

Thread Information