Thread: JBL L250 Ti Jubilee?

JBL L250 Ti Jubilee?

Thinking about buying a pair L250 Ti Jubilee's. Got a few questions; Where were they manufactured? Are they a limited addition? And last but not least anybody out there got a pair & what do you think about them?

Always fun learning more.......

link

Link don't work mate...

Use the search function and search "250ti"
    Always fun learning more.......

I have not heard them. I would love to. Some have compared them to the 1400 Array. As far as I am concerned, that is good company to be associated with.
    Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Obsolete
    LE14H, 108H, Array Horn in place of the 104H and 044Ti for the win.

Maybe the 108H will do the same for the 1400 Array that it did for the 240Ti.

Maybe the 108H will do the same for the 1400 Array that it did for the 240Ti.
    I wouldn't be surprised. TiDome demoed the "PT250" system again last weekend...
    as one can independently "turn off" drivers in that 4-way system, just turning
    off the 908Ti (used similarly to the 108H in the L250) is fairly enlightening
    (adds more to the mix than one might think)

LE14H, 108H, Array Horn in place of the 104H and 044Ti for the win.
    It would be a very creative person that could get all of those pieces to play
    together visually (let alone audibly)

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    It would be a very creative person that could get all of those pieces to play
    together visually (let alone audibly)
    Dr. Seuss could do it... I know he could.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Dr. Seuss could do it... I know he could.

I don't like green eggs and ham, SAM1HF I Am.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I don't like green eggs and ham, SAM1HF I Am.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I have a pair. Great speakers. They were manufactured in USA, the limited edition part is debatable since there is plenty of them on the German market. They were the last iteration of the 250 series best piano finish and best crossovers. These speakers need a lot of space I'd say 1m from any wall as JBL suggests is a bare minimum about two should be more apropriate. 40 square meters is a starting point for room size to acomodate them. They are relatively cheap and too often people squeeze them into cramped rooms with mediocre amps. If you want them to sing quality powerful amps are a must. I don't think these speakers will play good in a wood home as there are in the UK for the most part. Walls will resonate from the impressive low frequency output.

Great speakers if you have:
    1. brick/concrete home
    2. large space
    3. hefty amp/amps

If any of these criteria is not met the sound they will create will surely still be impressive but not even nearly as good as it should making the buy questionable.

I'm selling my pair now and a fellow audiophile was considering picking up my pair but found some walnut L250's closer. Boy did he sound like a happy audiophile over the phone after he set them up with a tube Audio research powerhouse. He said his room was 50m sq, and these speakers were the first pair in the decade of changing gear that really had an edge.

You might like them too.

Thumbs up re 250's

Quote Originally Posted by Amnes View Post
    I have a pair. Great speakers. They were manufactured in USA, the limited edition part is debatable since there is plenty of them on the German market. They were the last iteration of the 250 series best piano finish and best crossovers. These speakers need a lot of space I'd say 1m from any wall as JBL suggests is a bare minimum about two should be more apropriate. 40 square meters is a starting point for room size to acomodate them. They are relatively cheap and too often people squeeze them into cramped rooms with mediocre amps. If you want them to sing quality powerful amps are a must. I don't think these speakers will play good in a wood home as there are in the UK for the most part. Walls will resonate from the impressive low frequency output.

Great speakers if you have:
    1. brick/concrete home
    2. large space
    3. hefty amp/amps

If any of these criteria is not met the sound they will create will surely still be impressive but not even nearly as good as it should making the buy questionable.

I'm selling my pair now and a fellow audiophile was considering picking up my pair but found some walnut L250's closer. Boy did he sound like a happy audiophile over the phone after he set them up with a tube Audio research powerhouse. He said his room was 50m sq, and these speakers were the first pair in the decade of changing gear that really had an edge.

You might like them too.
    Thanks for the reply; Always wanted a pair of 250's and now have the money to get a pair at the right price! Its just a matter of which one's to buy?

I want them for my stone built house in the South of France-walls are 60cm thick and I have a salon of 80sq meters-So, looking good.

Regarding, Amplification, I'm looking at a Quad 606, 707 or 909 power amp and 34 pre-amp.

At the moment I'm listening to my beloved L 40's which I have had over 30 years and still enjoy...

Sounds like they should perform very well in the conditions provided. Depending on the amp you're in for a spectacle.

Thread Information