Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: why does JBL 4365 only rank 10th in Japanese eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    I believe the S4700s and K2 S9900s use the cloth surround.
    S4700 use cloth surround indeed,and its 2216Nd is so great that it is also used in newly developed M2.
    so it is one of my goal.

Dave,JBL strongly recommend Crown® iTech 5000HD to power M2,so you should have a try to your S4700

4313 said the designer himself has said that, in his opinion, the S4700 is more lively and musical compared to
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    46 lover

Obsolete
    Dave, JBL strongly recommend Crown® iTech 5000HD to power M2, so you should have a try to your S4700
    I would not be surprised if all this Crown technology filters down into the H/K line. If I'm not mistaken, some of the latest H/K's already incorporate some of the technology.

Alot of people complain that H/K isn't what it used to be. We'll JBL and Crown certainly aren't either! I'm pretty confident that they all go very well together. Just as intended.

4313 said the designer himself has said that, in his opinion, the S4700 is more lively and musical compared to 4365.
    The "Studio Monitor" systems have usually been voiced differently than the other Consumer products so it comes down to preference.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I would not be surprised if all this Crown technology filters down into the H/K line. If I'm not mistaken, some of the latest H/K's already incorporate some of the technology.

Alot of people complain that H/K isn't what it used to be. We'll JBL and Crown certainly aren't either! I'm pretty confident that they all go very well together. Just as intended.

The "Studio Monitor" systems have usually been voiced differently than the other Consumer products so it comes down to preference.
    Oh,i don't think H/K is a HIFI machine at all
    look,this is Hi-End machine
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    46 lover

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Oh,i don't think H/K is a HIFI machine at all
    look,this is Hi-End machine

The fact remains that H/K has had its share of milestones. Harman will gladly sell you something from one of their other brands if you'd feel better spending alot more money. The Crown as referenced for instance, but get two.

But my point was specifically that the Crown technology will likely permeate throughout Harman. I mentioned H/K in particular simply because I noticed a few weeks ago that the newest offerings at the show were considerably lighter than previous models and I believe some form of EQ was incorported. I could be wrong as I didn't investigate in depth.

The Crown technology will likely permeate throughout Harman.

In the meantime Harman will continue to permeate on itself!
    Always fun learning more.......

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    In the meantime Harman will continue to permeate on itself!
    I think that there was some decent intent somewhere in there at some point in history.

Really, I guess I just feel kind of bad for them. Well, some of them anyway.

S4700 use cloth surround indeed,and its 2216Nd is so great that it is also used in newly developed M2.
    so it is one of my goal.

Dave,JBL strongly recommend Crown® iTech 5000HD to power M2,so you should have a try to your S4700

4313 said the designer himself has said that, in his opinion, the S4700 is more lively and musical compared to
    Yeah, I'm getting very good bass after break in of these S4700s.

Yeah, maybe. Right now, I'm looking at Pass Labs Class A amps.

Ok, cool, thanks!
    S4700 owner.

Of course,look at this
    Ok, thanks.
    S4700 owner.

On the subject of foam vs cloth surround, I have always wondered why JBL isn't using rubber surround. I had 30 year old Kef 105/2 on which the woofers had a rubber surround and they were like new after 3 decades. No drying, no desintegration.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    On the subject of foam vs cloth surround, I have always wondered why JBL isn't using rubber surround. I had 30 year old Kef 105/2 on which the woofers had a rubber surround and they were like new after 3 decades. No drying, no desintegration.
    We know they have used the technology but just choose not to in most applications. Must be some reason for it which I assume has something to do with movement and/or efficiency. Everything in the L7 has butyl rubber surrounds except (the 035ti and . . .) the LE120H-1.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

They use rubber surrounds on some of the modern drivers.

The fact remains that H/K has had its share of milestones. Harman will gladly sell you something from one of their other brands if you'd feel better spending alot more money. The Crown as referenced for instance, but get two.

But my point was specifically that the Crown technology will likely permeate throughout Harman. I mentioned H/K in particular simply because I noticed a few weeks ago that the newest offerings at the show were considerably lighter than previous models and I believe some form of EQ was incorported. I could be wrong as I didn't investigate in depth.
    Because of only a few of H/K low level AV amp could be found in China
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting very good bass after break in of these S4700s.

Yeah, maybe. Right now, I'm looking at Pass Labs Class A amps.

Ok, cool, thanks!
    After a long time run-in,your S4700 will be getting better and betterkeep on doing run-in
    I think PASS 350.5 is a good choise for you,but in my opion, 350.5 is still lack of some powerful bass.
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post

Lee
    Yes,no drying, no desintegration,and no rotting.
    Rubber surround is widely used in many speakers for many years,and really,rubber surround can last for a long long time.
    but for JBL,it is another thing.
    Foam surround is JBL signboard.
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    They use rubber surrounds on some of the modern drivers.
    Yes,JBL begain to use rubber surround on some of its modern drivers in recent years.
    JBL has a variety of surround selection.
    But rubber surround for JBL is a revolution or regression,who knows?
    46 lover

Thread Information