Thread: Your best JBL find

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BMW 700

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Would you settle for one of my 700 convertibles? I don't have any digitals of the bubblecars. I'll have to get busy scanning!

(The Velam Isetta and the 'schmidt aren't mine!)
    Hi Phil,

the 700 convertible in metallic blue was my first car....have to look for old pics.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    the 700 convertible in metallic blue was my first car....have to look for old pics.
    This truly is a small world! The 700 is the car that saved BMW (does that make it the L100 of the line?), and the convertible is the cutest of the bunch. Greetings! We now share something else in common.

700 is very Kool!

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Phil,

the 700 convertible in metallic blue was my first car....have to look for old pics.HP
    700 is very Kool!

I used to have a 2002 Ti. It was Inca orange! Replaced the orig Solex carbs with twin Weber 45DCOE, Alpina head, Schrick cam, header, Bilstien sports, etc......

Suprised a lot of camaro and mustangs with it!

Was just perusing this thread and had to comment. The first car I purchased when I graduated college was a new 1973 2002 tii in turkis (I've been told the rarest color). I certainly wish I had never parted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbee50 View Post
    Was just perusing this thread and had to comment. The first car I purchased when I graduated college was a new 1973 2002 tii in turkis (I've been told the rarest color). I certainly wish I had never parted with it.
    While stationed in DE 1981-1984, I had a few different rides, but one of my favs was the 1972 2000 "Touring" 3-door hatchback in Inca orange!

S8 PA in my home again after 30 years

Please help guys. I've gotten back the old band PA from the mid 70's. It is as follows: JBL S8 cabinets I think. I don't want to rip the cloth yet to see if the LE15 are in there? How do I get in? With an lx5 crossover and then the drivers , one is a jbl 2445J and the other a 2440 driver, 2309 horns, 2310 lenses, and then there are a couple E-V T350 tweeters. I didn't get the crossovers for the t350's. Do you recommend the x36 or the x336? What's the difference? Before I get back to work on 1/5/09 I want to get into this stuff. Write as long as you want. Is one driver better the 2445J or the 2440 than the other? Thanks.
    The best part I paid $300.00 for all of it!

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    While stationed in DE 1981-1984, I had a few different rides, but one of my favs was the 1972 2000 "Touring" 3-door hatchback in Inca orange!
    Just noticed this today with this thread's revival. Very cool car. I drove one in England in 1971. One of the few '02 variants that has not lived under my roof at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Just noticed this today with this thread's revival. Very cool car. I drove one in England in 1971. One of the few '02 variants that has not lived under my roof at one time or another.
    Did it have the auto in it?

I ended up junking mine when the frame rusted through and wouldn't pass inspection although we welded it up pretty good. I picked up a much larger 2500 after that.

new to the site. first jbl find was a pair of 4408s at a tag sale. hooked them up and found one tweeter was expired. yesterday i found a pair of 940s in jersey for 100 bucks. pick up only and i live in mass but i think ill buy em. my hk680i has been giving me hints about getting better speakers when i play floyd slightly above listening level.

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    Did it have the auto in it?
    Nope, it was a 4-speed. I still have about ten "-02" cars sitting around, two of them convertibles, and one of those we picked up in Wiesbaden on our honeymoon 27-years ago. Also have a 2000 four-door, three Isettas, and three 700 two-cylinders; but no 2500/Bavaria/etc. sedans. Recently sold a 1980 E12 528i and I still drive a 1987 535is when the weather's good. Like Seawolf, my daily driver is a 1995 E34 5-series. Oh yeah, and five BMW bikes. I could fill a thread with "my best BMW find", but now back to your regularly scheduled program.

BMWCCA, your 700 looks incredible. I once visited a fellow who was trying to sell two of them in dilapidated condition and fell in love with their beautiful looks and diminutive size.

I owned an Isetta 300 ('63 I think) for a couple of years in the mid 1970s. It was the most fun I've ever had with a car that lacked a back seat. For those not familiar, the Isetta had a one cylinder engine, four speed manual tranny that was synchomesh except for first gear, and a gearshift on the left wall whose pattern was upside down and backwards from the usual. The steering wheel was mounted on the front opening door- the front of the car! Though pretty slow, it seemed really fast due to the willing, high revving engine. Best part was the brakes, which seemed to pull the car down from 30mph in about five feet while the car hopped up and down. The Isetta is less than half the length of a VW bug.

I used to buy parts from Marilyn Felling up in Topanga Canyon, who had bought out inventories of Isetta parts from BMW dealers. She was starting to have parts like window rubber custom made for her expanding business when I regrettably sold the car and fell out of touch with her. She must be out of bubblecars now, as I searched for her on the web not long ago and the only references I found were from many years ago.

Thread Information