Thread: The McRitchie Project speaker....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maron Horonzakz
    My post was not to get every body riled up or angry but to point out that if your going to have a "MAY" project and Post it here,,,then the interest becomes every ones concern....I know every one has there own personal lives to manage, but if you volinteered to do something it should then move forward.. If your job is large or small do it well or not at all. My post of building the Paragon was to show the time scale to start and finish a project by my self in a timely manner....Hell you have a dozen men working on this,,,How hard are you going to make it? Ive designed fighter planes and had them built faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Ive designed fighter planes and had them built faster than that.
    What, like in Flight of the Pheonix.

Maron, you are being very unfair and labouring the point is not going to change anything at this stage.

I am quite sure we have the best minds and hearts on the job.

Ian

I was the PM with Ian helping out and we actually put some time into it like the first Project Team Ventrillo chats as an example. Things don't always workout the the way you plan them. The Project Team aspect just didn't work well, especially with people scattered all over the country. Right now it's with Widget and Giskard and there is no active PM going on. I really don't see the need as they are both more than capable of getting the job done.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Maron Horonzakz
    Rob...I understand your point and appreciate the answers....My comment was a wake up call...But to some may have sounded like a trumpet blast in the ear....I get the same reaction at the office when i want something done.

My comment was a wake up call...But to some may have sounded like a trumpet blast in the ear....
    I get the same reaction at the office when i want something done.

Perhaps you have understood the difference between volunteers and your paid minions.

Another difference - I doubt the folks here work for you.

Donations are like tithing the church - once its left your hands you have no more to do with it.
    Don't like how they do something? Then don't give them any more money!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Maron Horonzakz
    Then dont ask for donations.....

Thanks for the reminder. I've been mostly lurking and occasionally posting. Making a small contribution to help pay for this site is a tremendous bargain for the wealth of knowledge available here.

I look forward to seeing the completed project, and am very appreciative off the details that have been posted.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

I really shouldn't comment since I would assume it is obvious to everyone, but just to keep the record clear... the donations have all gone towards materials, the purchase of some specialized software to aid us in the design process, and on one occasion to pay a shop with a large CNC machine to cut out ribs for the project.

All of the work done by forum members whether building test boxes, building test networks, running tests of the components, testing the assemblies or the prototype system, drawing up designs in CAD, or creating design renderings have all been done on a voluntary basis with significant donations of personal time and in some cases also including material donations.

Widget

...if you volinteered to do something it should then move forward.. If your job is large or small do it well or not at all. ... Hell you have a dozen men working on this,,,How hard are you going to make it?
    The project was started, and at first moved very quickly and assuredly, predicated on a specified driver compliment and cabinet design. As with any choice, there are always alternatives and compromises presented. The best minds on this forum, supported by available literature and research, were involved. Proptotypes of networks and cabinets were efficiently, expertly and expeditiously produced. Regardless, unanticipated issues arose which ultimately required a couple of "back to the drawing board" rethinks - some of these were material. These coincided with a period of changed personnel availablity for both the team, and especially personally for the project beneficiary. This latter situation manifest as the predominant deferral of both decisions and work. It could not be avoided, nor rushed through, and so project expenditures were frozen for an extended period, and largely remain so. The project is slowed, but certainly not "dead" nor forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ... the donations have all gone towards materials, the purchase of some specialized software to aid us in the design process, and on one occasion to pay a shop with a large CNC machine to cut out ribs for the project.
    Completely true. Hardcopy back-up is available for inspection. All purchases were approved by the team (I recused myself), and authorized by Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    All of the work done by forum members ... (has) been done on a voluntary basis with significant donations of personal time and in some cases also including material donations.
    As well, there were extensive testing and listening tests involving many forum members from the bench, whose observations were fed back into the design process.

Maron, there has been much hard work and passion put into this. Regrettably, this has not met your timetable, nor approval. However, the project beneficiary, while certainly anxious to see the result, has not shared your view.

----- edit / add

It should be noted there were two iterations which were damned good and subject to extensive listening tests. These were far superior to most top-shelf commercial offerings, and employed no outboard EQ, and used passive networks. These were marvelous speakers! However, they were not "Best of Class", as was the team's goal.

The project has progressed and evolved, perhaps more than is readily obvious.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information