Quote Originally Posted by diarmadhim View Post
Hello all,
New member...finally! (Thanks again Robh3606)

Picked these speakers up recently from a thrift shop disgustingly cheap.
Anyhow, the speakers are JBL's from 1962. 16ohm D130s, 075s with n2400 x-overs. The cabinets have a tag "Audio Crafters model V-2".
Anyone know anything about Audio Crafters? I can't find anything about them. I assume a co. that isn't around any longer that made speaker cabs and or furniture. I assume the original owner got JBL components and dropped them in a cab made by this company to house them.

Photos

Boss says no way these cabs are staying in the house, so I guess I will probably have a project in the near future.
Very nice find. Although the cabinets may be well made, I agree with your wife, they are not the best lookers. BUT, before you start changing, upgrading, etc., etc., take some time to research what the strengths and weaknesses are of the drivers.

In my humble opinion, they are better suited for acoustic music, Jazz, Classical, Folk, etc. which is what people with money who bought JBL in the 1950's and 60's were listening to. If you're into Classic Rock, these will likely disappoint you, new capacitors and grill cloth won't help...