I recently acquired a set of 240Ti's BRAND NEW in the box, unused.

To me they are very tame speakers, and are very subdued in the mid-higher freqencies. I am using a EQ and have to raise the slope of the entire upper half from 1200-15,000Hz up considerably, 1200 is about +3 Db, 3,000 +4 Db, 6,000 +6 Db, 10,000 +4 Db, 15,000 +3 Db/ The speakers really sing at these settings. These are all approx values at each frequency, but are sloped using a Sony 1000ESD preamp very evenly from one frequncy value to the next, I can take a picture of the curve if this helps. I consider the room they are in to be very lively as well and was not expecting to have to dial them up this much, if anything I thought I would need to dial them down.

The drivers are amoungst the best JBL has ever made, but the crossovers seem to restrict way too much,. Are these findings confirmed in the factory impedance curves? I have read over some of the prior threads, and most seem to agree that these are exceptional speakers/ I think they are very tame and uninspiring unless I greatly increase the higher frequencies with an EQ, which is something I guess I can learn to live with, but what am I to do if I have to use them in a soft room? They are functioning 100% as they should and I guess could need some breaking in time, but can't imagine them to improve that much. The bass overall is very good, so I am thinking doing some crossover mods would be my best option.

Does anyone have any ideas?