Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240Ti Crossover improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    That would not be a good idea and would probably make matters worse. You can't just pick a crossover and swap. There is a HF rolloff in the midrange to smooth the response peak in the Le-5 driver and a ton of attenuation built in to level match the 077 with the rest of the drivers. You have to remember these are engineered crossovers for specific applications.

Rob
    I understand that, it was merely a suggestion, a place to start, I am going to have to build my own for sure, but lets wait till I have them tested to make sure everything is working correctly first.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector34
    I KNOW this and if you would have read through my post I am not looking to duplicate the sound of L300 and was not expecting them to sound at all like them, and no I don't want the same sound as the L300, if I did, I'd just find another pair of them . You guys merely asked what my preferences are and what I have currently.

Don C, thanks for the suggestion, I doubt thats a problem as they are in AS NEW condition, but the midrange is also a bit subdued as well.
    Inspector,
    Somehow I figured you'd be somewhat put off at my hearing loss comments...but I did ask you not to take it as an insult. Most of us posters here are over 40 and hearing loss can be an issue. I'm also a JBL Servicer and know these drivers pretty good too . Don C's comment is a very valid one...just because they look new on the outside doesn't mean they are perfect on the inside.The foam damping pad does turn to goo after 10 years or so whether you like it or not. That can really hold the voice coil in the gap and kill it's output. I bet if the drivers are all up to spec and you put an RTA on them...JBL signature will be flat within 2-3dB across the board.
    BTW...I did read all of your posts.

I apologize if I offended you.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Inspector,
    Somehow I figured you'd be somewhat put off at my hearing loss comments...but I did ask you not to take it as an insult. Most of us posters here are over 40 and hearing loss can be an issue. I'm also a JBL Servicer and know these drivers pretty good too . Don C's comment is a very valid one...just because they look new on the outside doesn't mean they are perfect on the inside.The foam damping pad does turn to goo after 10 years or so whether you like it or not. That can really hold the voice coil in the gap and kill it's output. I bet if the drivers are all up to spec and you put an RTA on them...JBL signature will be flat within 2-3dB across the board.
    BTW...I did read all of your posts.

I apologize if I offended you.
    Your pictures suggest you are a younger man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Your pictures suggest you are a younger man.
    Thank you, Ian . 45....46 in August. Young looking parents 'cept they're both gone...Good livin' I guess...and guitar playing for therapy....and I got a gooooood woman .
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Thank you, Ian . 45....46 in August. Young looking parents 'cept they're both gone...Good livin' I guess...and guitar playing for therapy....and I got a gooooood woman .
    Hey Edge,

We got a lot in common! I'll be 46 in Sept., play drums and guitar to keep my sanity, 3 great children, 2 wonderful grand-kids and, I too have a great woman who will let me keep my 4430's! We tweeners have to stick together!

Aaaww.....thanks Edge

Thread Information