Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Greg Timbers & DIY

RIP 2009
    Thanks!

John

dieterj
    Dream System,

Big Thanks to Giskard and Mr. Greg Timbers.

First of all thanks very much Giskard and Greg!

But come on guys...

This doesn't look like DIY For me this looks like the new TOTL Array speaker being tested by Greg himself.
    No comments needed, just give me a wink

MJC
    GT is the Man and thanks to you both.
    Being that system inspired the Arrays, I think it would be time for JBL to start advertising the Arrays, K2s and PS, just to let the so-called audiophiles know that JBL is THERE!

Maron Horonzakz
    WHAT? JBL advertize? Word of mouth not good enough? Let the audioplile eat cake & enjoy it too? Nonsence!!!!

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz
    WHAT? JBL advertize? Word of mouth not good enough? Let the audioplile eat cake & enjoy it too? Nonsence!!!!
    Some idots just don't get the word. The PS has been advertized, but not in the last 2 years, at least.
    What the hell, Harman advertize Lexicons.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I'm not real sure about the 1200FE to 435BE frequency. That crossover is handled by the DX-1 with cards custom made for this specific system. I think the low pass is something like 24 dB/octave and the high pass is 6 dB/octave and very likely charge coupled based on past conversations. Greg had to manipulate the card to get 24 dB/octave on the low pass. My guess would be maybe as low as 650 Hz. It depends on where that particular prototype horn shuts off. Maybe 750 Hz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K
    As much as anything, I'm intrigued by the usage of the 1200Fe .
    As a fan of just about any high power 10" made by JBL, I was somewhat taken aback to see their exculsion in favour of a 12" ( but then you offered up your speculation on the crossover points & it then made sense ).
    Your guess on the 1200FE X-over was correct. I have it at about 700 Hz which is as low as that horn can comfortably go. As for the use of a 12 instead of a 10" - there are two main reasons. First, the 12" is deeper and will time align properly with the horn module. Second, I wanted to have a stand alone satellite module and the bass performance of the 1200Fe is stellar. None of the 10's can do that.

Greg

Why not show more pics
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

JBL 4645
    4313B

Delicious it would look mega awesome behind a screen with a third matching one as the centre channel can carry just as much sub bass information as the left and rights, or the sub bass LFE.1.

It’s like looking at a three-way system with the left and right and I’m guessing that the two large sub bass speakers on (left and right) are used for (LFE.1 and sub bass management) thou it would be out of this world if there was a third for the (centre matching) and then stick a few more of the larger JBL sub bass speakers (in-between) that are (totally dedicated to LFE.1) that way they want be over taxed with some LFE.1 signals as the LFE.1 is very (unpredictable) at times, some films carry a huge amount and some don’t.

C'mon Ashley - I really think Greg Timbers (aka Mr. JBL designer) knows whats there in each channel of his system.I'm sure he's put the best of the best in each channel of his system, why wouldn't he??
    Besides, it wouldn't be a third one, It'd be the 5th, as Giskard said he's got another pair for rear surround use!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post

4313B

Delicious it would look mega awesome behind a screen with a third matching one as the centre channel can carry just as much sub bass information as the left and rights, or the sub bass LFE.1.

It’s like looking at a three-way system with the left and right and I’m guessing that the two large sub bass speakers on (left and right) are used for (LFE.1 and sub bass management) thou it would be out of this world if there was a third for the (centre matching) and then stick a few more of the larger JBL sub bass speakers (in-between) that are (totally dedicated to LFE.1) that way they want be over taxed with some LFE.1 signals as the LFE.1 is very (unpredictable) at times, some films carry a huge amount and some don’t.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Oh bugger! Sorry I guess I forget which picture that was from, it was the JBL factory tour this year.

Mr. JBL please, please, please Greg accept my humble apologies that was out of order what I said.

Peace and

MC12 has been changed to Anthem D2

I believe he has updated his processing to the Anthem D2.

I can´t tell from the pictures, but are these 1200fe woofers in a vented or enclosed box?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.db View Post
    I can´t tell from the pictures, but are these 1200fe woofers in a vented or enclosed box?
    It's only a year later, so sorry for the long delay. I was rereading this thread for some info, then noticed your query. The cabinets are ported on the back. These are heavy beasties, so I carefully turned one slightly sideways to take photo of the rear of the enclosure.

The inner tube diameter is 3.25" and the tube is 7" long.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Hi Dome,

It appears that you, like me, are a believer in super cables.

Widget

PS: I rotated your picture.
    Last edited by Mr. Widget; 08-13-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Thread Information