Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Array has Arrived

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf
    Please let us hear other opinions.
    I could let you in on a few facts but you wouldn't like them so I'll refrain. Besides it's more interesting to read what people out in the field have to say about various systems. You're certainly not the first person that has said they like the 2231 or 2235 compared to the LE14.

The technical sheet "project array" is available ?
    Herve M

Obsolete
    Nope. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by northwood
    rich guy uses rich stuff
    More often than not, it's rich, single guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I could let you in on a few facts but you wouldn't like them so I'll refrain.
    I think you are wrong about this Giskard. I have never been "afraid" to hear opinions witch is the "opposite" of my own, so please tell me the facts.

You're certainly not the first person that has said they like the 2231 or 2235 compared to the LE14.
    I did not said I liked the 2231/2235 better than the LE14. What I said was that THIS speaker system had very little low end and power there. I have heard the LE14 in other systems with a lot more power and depth.

I am no specifications fan, but the specs on the 1400 ARRAY states 32Hz -3db. As far as I remember right now this is about the same as the 4343B with the 2235H. What I meant was that on my reference record witch I used i the shop there was a lot missing in the low end compared to what I have in my home. Regarding specs I would have thought the system should have given more low end and output power.

Obsolete
    It "sounds" to me like you are hearing a little too much room and not enough loudspeaker. Common problem in Dealer showrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by rolf
    I plan to borrow the speakers to my home for further listening later.
    Cool!

Speaker break-in time

The bass response should improve in time also.

I doubt the LE-14's are that bass-shy!

Ron

Smile

We'll see when Rolf gets 'em home and breaks 'em in. My preference is the LE14H-3 in most of my personal systems when placed in the same location, but I do like the 2235 better in one instance of placement.

As always: the room, the room, the room.

After a refoam on some LE14H-1s, they were pretty stiff for a couple of days, but loosened up quite nicely over time. I didn't formally "break them in;" I just gave them occasional use. I don't know how much playing time Rolf's Arrays had before he heard them.
    Out.

Well, does not seems like Giskard is going to tell us the "real facts", so I move on to quote some of TI's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    As always: the room, the room, the room.
    Yes I know...that's why I want them home for more listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    I don't know how much playing time Rolf's Arrays had before he heard them.
    Nor do I, but they have been in the shop for a couple of months. I will call tomorrow ans ask when I can get them home for some days....

Obsolete
    Well, does not seems like Giskard is going to tell us the "real facts",
    The LE14H-3 is superior to the 2231/2234/2235 in every way except shear Vd.
    That's a fact, not an opinion.
    An opinion would be that an end user still prefers the 2231/2234/2235 and there's nothing "wrong" with that.
    I oscillated between them for many, many years. I knew the LE14H was superior but I liked the 2231/2234/2235 anyway so I owned them both (The final clincher for me was the space saved by using the LE14H).

The LE14H-3 is superior to the 2231/2234/2235 in every way except shear Vd.
    Can you please explain what "shear Vd" is for me not so technical in the English language??

That's a fact, not an opinion.
    An opinion would be that an end user still prefers the 2231/2234/2235 and there's nothing "wrong" with that.
    I agree.

I oscillated between them for many, many years. I knew the LE14H was superior but I liked the 2231/2234/2235 anyway so I owned them both (The final clincher for me was the space saved by using the LE14H).
    OK, maybe you feel that I am stupid here, but does a better measuring of a loudspeaker neccasarry means that it sound better? In my opinion this can't be true. Then specifications should be the judge...not the ears.

Obsolete
    Can you please explain what "shear Vd" is for me not so technical in the English language??
    Volume Displacement
    OK, maybe you feel that I am stupid here, but does a better measuring of a loudspeaker neccasarry means that it sound better? In my opinion this can't be true. Then specifications should be the judge...not the ears.
    No, that wasn't my point. My point was that despite the fact that certain transducers are specifically designed to be superior to certain other transducers sometimes we like the "inferior" transducers well enough. In this instance, I personally liked the 2231H, and then the 2234H and 2235H well enough to keep them around since their debuts, warts and all.

In any case, we are probably drifting here. The heart of the matter is - if the LE14H-3 sounds lacking then the room and/or backend is F-U-C-T.

The heart of the matter is - if the LE14H-3 sounds lacking then the room and/or backend is F-U-C-T.
    I would agree completely.... the LE14H-3 is a wonderful speaker and I enjoy it alot. They are not "Bass-Shy" at all..

and yes, I've had them all also and enjoyed them all, each for their own sound..

each person to his own..

When are you going to get them at your home Rolf?

and of course to beat a dead horse even more.......if you feel they are "bass-shy" then just get a couple of Subs ( 2245's, 2242's, 1500 etc) and cross'em over ..job done...

Steve Gonzales

Get em' HOME

I agree.

In all the excitement, we are really speculating. The preliminary findings are just that. One thing to keep in mind is that we know that all the R&D that went into this series was thoughtful. I've never known a perfectly working JBL model to be bass shy. I'm sure there are many other members here that have heard their own favorite model in various rooms and heard a big difference, especially in the LF. I've had this happen recently with my own L220/222's. I had them in a very small room and they didn't have much LF response until I was pushing, no, forcing them to. I moved to a much bigger place and they really came alive. Due to circumstances beyond my control, within 2 months of living in that house, I had to move again (yes, I paid my rent ). I now have a very large room that by chance has very good acoustics and WOW!. Everything sounds good, UHF, midrange and LF, just amazing. One other thing, IME, when listening to my Bro's L250's over the past 20 years, my opinion of what good LF is has evolved. I used to like sheer output and gradualy, over time, my Brother taught me how to adjust my system for balance in all the bandwidths. I now hold the L250 as the #1 reference in which to judge the LF. Other models can have a much more pronounced LF output, but the LE14H-1 has the best quality LF IMO, all other things being equal. I am anxious to hear your opinion of these new beauties in a familiar enviroment. I, for one, will stay tuned. Thanks Rolf, Steve G.

Thread Information