Thread: JBL Models L55 & L110 ~ What's A Fair Price?

JBL Models L55 & L110 ~ What's A Fair Price?

Know a guy with these JBL speakers and wondered what would be considered a fair price to pay for each pair?

So many variables!

Hello and welcome to the forum! There are so many variables when it comes to value. Most members here hesitate to give a value without knowing condition, originality etc. Having the original drivers is important to the value. You can use the search function to find which drivers are supposed to be in those particular speakers. Pictures really help someone get a good idea of what may be a fair offer. I would also check ebay and audiogon.com to see if there are those models for sale. That may also be a good gauge of value. Hope that helps some. Again, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome...

I've checked current and complete auctions for the L110 and cannot find much. I haven't seen these in person yet but should be checking them out tomorrow.

I don't know much about the L55, but I remember the L110 very well. I wanted those in the worst way, but even with my salesmans' (55%) discount, they were still a bit pricey for me so I ended up with the L40s.

FWIW, the L110 wasn't nearly as popular as its predecessor, the Century L100 (and 4311), so I would expect it to be kind of rare on Ebay and other auctions. As I remember, even the L112 sold better than the 110. That's not to say that it wasn't a great speaker -- it's just that the sound was kind of neutral compared to the L100 and it was kind of a tough sell to "West Coast Sound" diehards.

The 55's need work but the 110's are in excellent condition, freshly refoamed. They want $250 for the pair...

Does this help: L110 St.Louis Craig's List

JBL L110 Bookshelf Speakers - $300

I am selling a pair of JBL L110 bookshelf speakers. These are three-way speakers utilizing a dome tweeter, 5 inch midrange, and a massive 10 inch cast frame, alnico magnet woofer. The woofer cones were refoamed about 1 1/2 years ago and the speakers work perfectly. There are level adjustments for both the tweeter and midrange drivers. The cabinets are actual walnut veneer in average condition. I have the original shipping boxes and a copy of the owners manual. The stands shown in the picture are not included. Each speaker measures approximately 10.5 inches by 14 inches by 23.5 inches and weighs about 45 pounds. Not even JBL makes speakers this good any more.

this is in or around Ballwin, MO
    No affiliation and, yeah, I'll post it to Marketplace.

Thread Information