Thread: EBAY JBL 4343 Item # 3022189940

EBAY JBL 4343 Item # 3022189940

No doubt most of you have have seen these by now, they look to be in very good condition. The buy it now price is $2,599.00.

I could not resist posting this image, if I was local I would be knocking on his door at sunrise.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL Dog

Talking

Ian:

Being the proud owner of a pair of 4343's, they are "all that!"

If memory serves me correctly, the seller picked these up on Ebay within the last year. They needed new surrounds, etc. I was bidding on them myself. I think the final price was in the $1400.00 range. He did a real nice job cleaning them up. His "buy-it-now" price is fair, IMHO. My 4343's aren't in as good of shape and there is no way I would let mine go for less than $3,000.

This message comes from JBL Dog

Well,

I think I would be doing the same, he's obviously a trader, but for us Guys WOW, why try and makem when you can pick up the genuine article and it will hold its value if you care for them.

Yeah, it would be a nice drive to up state NY to pick them up..a nice excuse to get out of the house.. Just leave the Mrs at home and say darling I'm goin fishing with the boys..you know the ones from that speaker forum.

On the return, wheel em in when she's over at the mother in laws.

Then when her in doors comes home say hey honey look what I made. Just look at those boxes, now they are horny!!

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ian Mackenzie; 05-02-2003 at 03:29 PM.

JBL Dog
    Ian:

My wife refers to the 4343's as "those rectangles." No aphrodisiac there! But, she does enjoy the sound.

The WAF gets high marks with the Metregon. We just had some glass tops made for it and I've finally got it up and running with my "poor man's" 3-way system (LE15, 2440, 075, LX5, 3105). I'm presently running a JBL SA600 with it and it sounds outstanding!! My McIntosh tube system is in the process of being overhauled, but I gotta tell ya.... the SA600 sounds pretty darn good!!

Tell me more about the SA600, was that a vintage JBL Consumer amp?

Ian

JBL Dog
    Yes, it is a consumer integrated amp JBL produced in the 60's and 70's. 40 watts per channel (very conservative, IMO).

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image.../1967/amps.jpg

I actually have the receipt from when it was purchased new in 1966. The original owner paid the MSRP of $345.00. Our Far East friends are paying alot of money for these amps on Ebay. I now know why. It sounds as good (or better) than my McIntosh MC240 and C22 setup.

Thread Information