Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2245h Help required

Quote Originally Posted by jbldriven
    Thanks i'll read the manual and give it a try.
    Can't find the seting in the eq. Can you give more dtails for finding the shelf function. Taht is for the dsc280

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Yeah, active electronic xover. BUT, the noise you describe could be PS decoupling caps gone bad, cold solder joint, broken lead, etc!

These caps are used to filter PS noise over to ground, and if you had one that wasnt doing its job, you would hear loud 60hz buzz.

Im thinking this could be the problem with your amp.
    The problem willbe finding a tech locally i can trust

The crossover was electronic correct? I am shure the buzz is in the parasound not the DSC 280.
    Easy enough to figure out. Disconnect the input from your amps. No noise... the problem is up stream... still have noise, there's your problem.

Widget

Can't find the seting in the eq. Can you give more dtails for finding the shelf function. Taht is for the dsc280
    If I understand correctly, this is not in the EQ section, but in the crossover section. You want to set the woofers with a lower crossover (high pass) point of 15 to 18 Hz, and then choose a slope. Start out with 12 db/octave and see what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem
    If I understand correctly, this is not in the EQ section, but in the crossover section. You want to set the woofers with a lower crossover (high pass) point of 15 to 18 Hz, and then choose a slope. Start out with 12 db/octave and see what you like.
    If i understand you correctly that is the current configuration that i'm using 18hz @ 24db roll off. This setting still allow lower frequencies to the woofer but at a reduced level. At 24 db per octive the graph on the display still shows respone below 18hz I don' think i can exactly cut it off at 18.

I have to show respect for my woofers

If i understand you correctly that is the current configuration that i'm using 18hz @ 24db roll off. This setting still allow lower frequencies to the woofer but at a reduced level. At 24 db per octive the graph on the display still shows respone below 18hz I don' think i can exactly cut it off at 18.

I have to show respect for my woofers
    You should be OK with your current settings. You shouldn't need much better LF attenuation at normal playback levels. You'll still get low end response, but your woofers won't be moving excessively. Hope this helps.

Thread Information