I have a set of 2245h in mint condition purchased in the original boxes sealed 3 months ago. I have run the woofers in loaded horn cabinets from bentwood. I am using Bryston 4b in mono block to drive each sub. Bryston claims the 4 B puts out 800 watts into 8 ohms strapped. The JBl woofer is rated at 600 watts continuous pink noise. The cone started to separate from the voice coil approximately 1/8 around diameter. I had a jbl dealer remove the dust cap and recement the voice coil. When the dust cap was off the repair tech said the coil showed evidence of slight over heating. I seen the apparent discolouring on the coil ( not that i have seen an original coil to compare ) and wished i had take a picture to verify. The recementing seems to worked fine. I have a couple of questions to be answered.
1. Could there be a faulty glue connection which caused the seperation?
2. I checked out the JBL Pro Vintage section and I am not shure what this woofer is rated for. The Theile parameters are 300 watts contiuous sine wave and the jbl vebage says 600 watts Pink noise. Can someone tell me what the RMS wattage rate is before they melt down.
3. If the wattage rating is 300 watts what should i replace the 2245's with. I need a driver that has a low resonence 25 hz. . These cabinet reproduce down to 20 hz and lower, no problem.

I am using altec 416 8b mid bass loaded bentwood horn, JBL2482 bentwood mid horn and JBL2410 with 2301 masher on highs - controlled with a JBL DSC 280 crossover. Parasound six channel amp (80 watts per channel) driving each driver from the mid bass to high. and two bryston 4b's on sub bass.