Thread: 24bit/96k recordings-master or similar

24bit/96k recordings-master or similar

Hi Guys,
    I like to get hold of some "master-recordings".
    Do any of you studio-guys/musicians have recordings in 24bit/96k you are willing to share ?

I have reckonized that some blues/rock guitar-training CD's have excelent sound, headroom, dynamic, punch, and ambience. Much better than commercial 16bit CD's that have been through the "big wash" before put on the market. When i sold HighEnd some years ago it was well known that soundtracks from movies sometimes had excelent sound because the total budget did not alloved the studios to do to much "polish" and it all had more "hole-through".

In studios i hear a far diffrent open and clear sound as well. The same music on a 16Bit-CD, played on the same system in the studio sounds depressing comparred to what came from the harddisk.

So buttom line, I like try it out at home and make a setup with my :
    high-end hifi system at home,
    DSP3000 24bit/96k as source instead of normal CD (I/O interface from my homestudio www.staudio.com)
    and some music-files in 24bit/96k.

I hope to hear from some of you studio guys, and or musicians willing to share.

Thanks
    Jens

Go to the store and purchase Neil Youngs Prairie Wind CD/DVD combo. It has a straight up 24/96 Stereo track on the DVD. It also has a 24/48 surround and the 16 bit CD so you can compare all 3 formats in one shot.

Rob

i will i will !

Any other good ideas, any experiences ?
    i still like to have some 24/96 files if someones willing to share.
    Thanks
    Jens

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    Go to the store and purchase Neil Youngs Prairie Wind CD/DVD combo. It has a straight up 24/96 Stereo track on the DVD. It also has a 24/48 surround and the 16 bit CD so you can compare all 3 formats in one shot.

Rob
    Good recommendation! Once I start, I have to listen to the whole thing.
    Out.

Hello T dome

Yeah me too. It's one of those listen through CD's. I like the DVD seeing him and the group perform. Have both versions of Greendale with different videos. The one he did in the pub in Ireland is really nice. That one he is a story teller and a one man band all rolled into one. I was surprised when I saw him in concert that many were not at all interested in the new stuff and wanted to old warhorses only. I thought it was fresh, like a mini play. You don't see shows like that to much anymore. Not too many artists will go out on a limb and push so their artistic vision is what you see. To much glitz and top 40.

Rob

Thread Information