Thread: need info on l100s? speakers

need info on l100s? speakers

i was looking around and found these ,the seller said he got them new in germany in 1990. are these the same as the famed l100ti i have read about on this great forum? can any body give me info ? i do not find them listed under this exact name ,but was hoping they were the same. i have a pair of 4412's i got about a year ago ,my son loves them so much i though these would be close to them in sound reproduction. i have enclosed some pix for id help. thanks to one and all,this site has such great people helping others.Bill.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

RIP 2009
    The L100S is basically a vinyl covered version of the L100T, and was mainly sold in military PX's. Its mid and high frequency components are the same as the 4412, but the LF is a little different, (4412 has the 128-H and the L100S/T has the 2214-H - I believe the 2214H is considered slightly higher performance) - I think you'll probably get a little more bass from the L100S, mainly due to the larger cabinet. I'm not sure how similar the crossovers are, though the L100S/T ones aren't adjustable like the 4412.

That said, I'd think the sonic quality would be in the same league, if the 4412 crossovers were level-matched to the L100S.

I see you got those for a little over $250 on eBay - I think that's a good deal. It would have been a great deal if one of the LF domes wasn't pushed in. People have had various degrees of success pulling them out with either masking tape or a vacuum hose, or a repair center could replace it fairly reasonably.

If they're otherwise in decent shape, I'm sure you'll like them! Congrats!

John

thanks for the info on that john ,my son will love the added bass feature on them ,thats the main reason he likes the 4412s so much . he said he wanted to take them off to college with him next year,so know it looks as if it will be the l100s in stead ,which is fine with me by the way .

Thread Information