Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick & Dirty 4430-Inspired Two-Ways Part II

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    1) PT-H1010 w/throat adapter
    2) PT-H95 w/throat adapter
    3) PT-F95 (1", shown with crossover in bottom pic)
    Are these curves with the 2406 or 2407?

John

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp
    To my surprise, it feels very light, almost like there's no resistance, compared with my experience with the 2231 on my 4333A.

Is this the correct behaviour of the 2235?
    I have no experience with 2231, but I believe 2235 features a non-linear suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnaec
    Are these curves with the 2406 or 2407?
    2407H.

I've added driver pic and performance w/2342 Mini-Butt Biradial to above posts, John.

See also additional waveguides, below....

More horns for 2407H:

Tomp787 provided Engebreston 90° waveguides for evaluation:

http://www.ddshorns.com/catalog.php?page=ENG190Pro

Finally, a driver/crossover combination that almost works with JBL OASR "Dr. Seus" horn, bottom, similar performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Obsolete
    I have no experience with 2231, but I believe 2235 features a non-linear suspension.
    <sigh>

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=46738

Rob and Ian, why is it Zilch has surpassed you both in posts!? Come on guys! Keep up! You have an order of magnitude more experience and technical expertise! Start posting dammit!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Start posting dammit!
    RIGHT!

C'mon, Rob, we KNOW you're cookin' L200t3 clones there. Let's SEE 'em!

And Ian, too, who's reputed to be a closet two-way fan from WAY back.

"Aquaplas Dusting Step-By-Step" would be cool....

And how come I'm havin' to pad down the HF nearly 10 dB here. I mean, that is HUGE.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/AE%...4212,00-WH.pdf

It's 3 Ohms across the 6-Ohm driver impedance, then 4 Ohms in series. What's that calculate out in dB attenuation?

Is 2023 that much more efficient a woofer than LE14H-3? Spec sheet says it's 95 dB, and 2407H is 110 dB. I'd expect to pad down 3, maybe 4 dB, max.

Any guess as to how to pump up the response at 2.5 kHz? Overall compensation's otherwise pretty close on the round horns. They sound good, too.

I think this matters. These'll be the only available new JBL UHF drivers soon, maybe....

Obsolete
    "Aquaplas Dusting Step-By-Step" would be cool....
    As far as I know, no one has any aquaplas.
    These'll be the only available new JBL UHF drivers soon, maybe....
    I don't get paid enough to do JBL's R & D for them. I'll wait and see what they cook up. You should snag a pair of PT800's. Although you are probably biased towards this horn stuff I think you'd be shocked to find out what Greg's little 8-inch 3-way can do. You won't need to worry about any UHF availability. You've already got the LE14H-3's. Remember, he's done the horns and dynamic drivers for just about forever now and the current rage is the Array Series. You might do well to eBay a bunch of those old drivers that command so much money you have sitting around and save for a pair. I'll be real blunt - I personally have absolutely no interest in anything less than an 800 Array at this stage of the game. It seems real natural to move up from some real 4430's to the Array Series. I know you guys like your $10 horns but that isn't going to keep JBL around into the future.

If you're going to continue on this present path may I suggest you select a woofer and a tweeter and start a thread on the combination. See it through. Then pick another woofer and tweeter and start a thread on that combination. Hammer that out. This current thread is a real nightmare, especially for people starting with post #1. Hell, it's the second longest thread in the forum! I'd like to see it parsed out and shortened up. I'd also like to see it move to a DIY heading.

Obsolete
    And how come I'm havin' to pad down the HF nearly 10 dB here. I mean, that is HUGE.
    What does the stock system do? Do you have a baseline reference?
    It's 3 Ohms across the 6-Ohm driver impedance, then 4 Ohms in series. What's that calculate out in dB attenuation?
    So you have a total of 8 ohms in series then? What are the DCR values of all the inductors? Post YOUR schematic. Where are the impedance curves of the LF and HF?
    Is 2023 that much more efficient a woofer than LE14H-3? Spec sheet says it's 95 dB, and 2407H is 110 dB. I'd expect to pad down 3, maybe 4 dB, max.
    This is irritating Zilch. The 2023 is a completely different transducer! I've posted countless times - you can't substitute transducers willy nilly. Post a response curve of the 2023 along with a response curve of the LE14H-3, then ask the efficiency question.
    Any guess as to how to pump up the response at 2.5 kHz?
    Why guess? Get this all in pspice and figure it out! Increasing R1 from 8 ohms to 10 ohms should net about 1 dB. I've posted about using pspice before. If you weren't so busy spamming every single thread on the forum instead of reading the forum you'd have picked that up by now.

As another senior member recently stated - you're making a mockery out of this forum. I'm not amused. The snide comments about "we'll do it anyway" and "we'll verify it here" are inflammatory. And who is this "we" kemosabe? Do you really have a staff of dedicated technicians in that mess of a room?

Now, this post may seem a bit harsh but you haven't gotten any of the previous more subtle messages so I'm at a loss as to what to do next... It's like you refuse to listen to anything you don't want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    <sigh>

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=46738

Rob and Ian, why is it Zilch has surpassed you both in posts!? Come on guys! Keep up! You have an order of magnitude more experience and technical expertise! Start posting dammit!
    The answer to that lies in what you have written.

Sigh

I thought this was supposed to be fun.
    I love the way music makes me feel.

Quote Originally Posted by chad
    I thought this was supposed to be fun.
    That's not the point.

The point is.....

This thread has been beaten to death already and a lot of good information is buried by spamming!

Ron

ZILCH!

Keep on the good work!
    Maybe this thread is a mess, maybe others adress things more professional....

You showed other DIYers that it is not SO complicated to setup a DIY 4430.
    You showed that it might be possible to improve the design (This part is still not finished).
    You messed around with a truckload of different horns which is important as JBL stopped the 2344 production so other DIYers need close substitutes.

And I like your RTA pics
    BUT the only person capable of sorting that flood of information here is you

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    You showed that it might be possible to improve the design (This part is still not finished).
    WAIT!

YOU were supposed to finish up that part, no?

Thank you, friend Guido. It's wintertime. We want to see your DIY 4435's here soon.

go let's go...

Hello Zich...

Hey for my parts => good info is already good...

I dont care organisation thread ...

what is a post in ocean of this huge forum or the web ????

special thanks for all guy who procude a search engine

Happy Holiday ZILCH

long life to Clio-Zilch...

Thread Information