Yeh, probably,,, but too late now .Maybe LE14's deserve their own thread more fully exploring the potential.
- I'd suggest,,, start considering a 700 to 800 hz crossover point for use with a 3" diaphragmed / 1.5" exit compression driver .jus' have to work with LE14H-3 a little more to make them sound their best. I'll be watching for more Project Array details, schematics, in particular, with considerable interest.
- Horns ? Some other Manufacturers come to mind.
- Here's one example from DDS ( this is setup for vertical mounting a la the "Array Series" ) .
- I'd also suggest doing what JBL does ,, politely ignoring (when they can ) the "1/2 octave lower than Fc for proper acoustic loading" rule and start exploring so called 1000 hz CD horns from other manufacturers . "Preferred Practices" for SR use & Home use really is different . You may just find that other horns have the same amount of loading as the H3100 ( for instance ) when used down to 750hz .
- DDS actually does mention 800hz in their copy. Just not as a recommended crossover point . That's understandable given the SR idustry they typically OEM to .