Hello
I was lucky enough to meet Mr Zilch through the audio heritage community and to recieve some technical help recently.
Mr Zilch should be renamed Mr JBL speakerman, as he has a vast knowledge of JBL/ Lansing history and of technical savy.
To visit his secret workshop is a dizzying experience. There is no shortage of
Projects and materials to begin with. We listened to various speakers and systems. To slowly "Warm" our ears to the task of "Test driving" the Q&D 4430's. The systems were warmed up and we listened to the original 4430's.
We then brought the CD to another room and listened on another system the Q&D 4430's, I prefered the Q&D 4430's. For the $ they were right on.
I must admit to having some hearing loss in the right ear, along with a constant tinnitis condition, in high C, remmnants of my marksman training.
A round blew the breech on an bolt action I was firing, What did you say??
Well I enjoyed the demonstration ,as did my daughter, I was very impressed with the final product and comparativly found no flaws or shortages.
My daughter, knowing my fascination with all things loud, commented that," I had met my master." I aked here to explain, she said, "Mr Zilch had the knowledge I seeked." That was very true, having assembled many home and car audio sytems, mostly cobbled by trial and error, I met a man who understood what he was hearing, and what variable and components were effecting it. A knowledged man.
I have no flowery prose to descibe the tune pitch tremble and tremor.
I have no technical knowledge to state variables, crossover frequency drop off points, and other mindknumbing yet pertinant factors.
I must commend Mr Zilch on his creativity and his aplumb, AKA:Balls, to present a near duplicate of a masterpiece, to this forum, It would be akin to Galileo saying the Earth is round. Heretetical!
To the Forum, Thanks for welcoming the out of the box thinking!
To Mr Zilch, to me, You will forever be known as Mr JBL speakerman.
Thanks for the help and Cheers!!

Note, this thread has been edited after the fact to keep it on topic and remove posts that were either off topic or inflamatory. If anyone has concerns about their posts being deleted, they can contact me by PM.

Don McRitchie
Admin