Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Northridge E series

This is almost identical to a system I helped a friend put together last year except for the receiver (refurb AVR7000). Those E series really do open up after a while and they sound great. Just silly how good they are for the money...

jblnut

I have been trying to think of a proper analogy that reflects how we feel about our new system. We own several classic motorcycles and we love to ride them ,they make us smile and we enjoy the reactions people have when they see them but when we want to take a long or more serious ride we take a new one. To some extent our two audio systems have some similarity I really thought the new speakers in no way could compete with our classic equipment. I was wrong even what I assumed to be entry level speakers not only compete but in some ways outperform the older speakers , I can only imagine what the higher end speakers must produce.

I am in no way saying that the Northridge speakers outperform my L series only that If you switched roles and used the E series for two channel or used the L series for surround they would be in my opinion out of there respective audio mission. I have gained a new respect for jbl and their continuing endeavour to provide me with equipment to satisfy my ear and wallet.

e series

Ya i worked there a couple of years ago,we sold polk,and jbl studio and e series. i bought my s 3811 there they were the demos,so i broke them in and bought them for 80.00 dollars for the pair after jbl discontinued them.the store manager was a polk man through and through,one day he was in MY sounds room,to demo some speakers for a customer,and the s38 were playing and as they were walking by the 38s they stoped in there tracks.the customer was impressed,and even the store manger was but woud'nt say it.they were the last we had and i already had money down on them.he did'nt sell any polk's that day,the customer got the demo s38 at another abc in gaylord michigan.

Northridge

Since we don't have a dedicated Northridge thread, this is the closest I could find.

Here's a link to a page that highlights the "N" "S" and "E" Series from a guy who's the JBL expert at Home Theater Forum. I searched as well as I could to see if Phil Iturralde was a member here at LH, but didn't get any confirmation. Anyone know him?

http://www.geocities.com/p_iturra/JBL_Labs.html

Mmmmmh, last post in 2007...

The E-series is dead?

I just noticed that a good friend of mine who is not a JBL freak was having JBL E60 in his living room.
    I'm not so savvy in this newer stuff and I saw after some searches that this series is kind of "entry level" but I never could find any brochure about this, I found the user manual, even the tecnical manual..... but no brochure, only some pictures.

Anybody has a link?

Thanks

Thread Information