Thread: Crossover 4350 HELP ME!

Crossover 4350 HELP ME!

Hi,
    I would want to know whether to open the 4350 inside crossover.
    I would want to replace the 4350 internal cables. When I have opened the 4350 and I have thrown out the crossover I have seen that the superior plate (that with the condensers) part doesn't come away.
    Has someone done this? Can someone help me?
    I don't know if I can cut the cables of the crossover to be able to settle the new cables

Thanks

Pasquale

norealtalent
    There's not much there. Upgrading wires should be self explanatory. Theres only 3 coils in the can and their leads go straight to the pc board.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for the answer! I
    have the problem that the superior plate doesn't lift him. IThe cable of the spools that go to the printed circuit are short and I wanted to know if I can cut them. I will climb on contrarily then the plate to be able to again settle the threads. What do you say of it?

Pasquale

norealtalent
    I don't see why not. Of course you would be certain to mark the wires for proper reattachment location and leave them as close to original length as possible to maintain the same value. I can't see that short of cut making any measurable difference in value. Since they're so short and you're taking them apart anyway, I would resolder them from under the board when I reassembled.
    Good luck, Dave

Hi,
    could you tell me the value of the blue condenser that I see in the photo of the crossover? Mine is black, it doesn't seem me an elettrolitic and no the value is understood. Still a question: is it a polarized condenser? Thanks
    Pasquale

The blue condenser looks like it has 12 uf printed on it. It also "Looks" like a non-polarized electrolitic one to me. If your crossover is a model 3107, here's a link to a list of schematics:

http://www.jblproservice.com/navigat...chematics.html

I'm guessing at 3107, it was in the photo (Box). Remember to scrape off (remove) the "Paint Insulation" from the coil wires, so you can resolder them.

norealtalent
    12uf non-polarized. 4350 used xover model # 3107 and here is the specific link;
    http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Net...%20Network.pdf

THANKS
    pASQUALE

norealtalent
    !

norealtalent
    How are you making out Pasquale. Can you give us an update? Thanks, Dave

It apologizes for the delay of my answer. Unfortunately I have had three months of problems with ADSL.
    I have replaced only for now the cables of the wooferses. Unfortunately the 3107 spools cables don't allow me to open them to be able to replace the cables. In fact they are very short and they don't make me open the crossover. I will perhaps cut the cables of the spools for then to lengthen them. If I don't lengthen too I should not have problems.
    I solemnly promise to hold you informed on the prograssis. In the meantime I am other buyng two new 3107. In this way even if mine are broken I am able to replace them.
    Pasquale Lenza

To brief I will give you news!
    I have purchased another couple of 3107 to make the upgrade.
    I have bought the new caps for the 3107. I have bought Mundorf Silver / Oil for Tweeter and high Midrange and Muindorf "normal" for low Midrange. I have also bought resistances no-inductive i to do parallel and to replace those old. Also these are Mundorf. I have bought cable Van Den Hul cs16 to cable the speakerses.
    I have already replaced the terminatoses of the speakerses with WBT (great improvement).
    I also want to replace the spools with others best. Just done I write my impressions on the forum.
    I will proceed step to step and every time I will write what it happens.

Pasquale Lenza

Quote Originally Posted by Paky33
    I also want to replace the spools with others best. Just done I write my impressions on the forum.
    I will proceed step to step and every time I will write what it happens.

Pasquale Lenza
    Sounds like you're moving in a good direction. In my opinion, the best improvement will result in upgrading the capacitors. My 4345's, now equipped with Hovlands, are now a different monitor with incredible resolution and finesse. It always amazes me how well JBL vintage drivers respond to improved signal chain electronics and more modern passive components. Good luck, I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Thread Information