Thread: Yamaha manuals and parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Yamaha manuals and parts

I bought a KX-1200 tape deck from the 'Bay that I new needed a fast forward idler gear. I got a manual for 18 bucks and the part for 12,00 from Yamaha along with a new belt for only 4 dollars. I also got service manuals for all of my yamaha consumer gear. The folks on the phone were immensely helpful and even faxed me the parts diagram so I could see what they were referring to. Everything I needed was in stock and sent out for only a 4 dollar shipping charge for 4 manuals ( I ordered more a second time)

It is rare in my opinion to get such good customer service and support for 20 year old products today. I have no hesitation buying Yamaha electronics that need repairs because parts and manuals are available.

A big thumbs up to Yamaha Service support.

Quote Originally Posted by duaneage
    I bought a KX-1200 tape deck from the 'Bay that I new needed a fast forward idler gear. I got a manual for 18 bucks and the part for 12,00 from Yamaha along with a new belt for only 4 dollars. I also got service manuals for all of my yamaha consumer gear. The folks on the phone were immensely helpful and even faxed me the parts diagram so I could see what they were referring to. Everything I needed was in stock and sent out for only a 4 dollar shipping charge for 4 manuals ( I ordered more a second time)

It is rare in my opinion to get such good customer service and support for 20 year old products today. I have no hesitation buying Yamaha electronics that need repairs because parts and manuals are available.

That is so cool when that happens

JBL did that for me back in 1991. I called looking for a manual on the Paragon and the girl told me she would send me whatever she had handy. In a week I got a "Care Package" in the mail full of OG manuals and booklets for free.

majick47

Yamaha

So far all of my Yamaha components have been very reliable and I was able to obtain the few small parts I needed for equipment almost 20 years old. Customer service is excellent.

I also got service manuals for all of my yamaha consumer gear.

Does it tell you the code on the remote to get into the service menu???

The manuals do have code tests. The T-1000 tuner and the DSP-100 surround processor have test modes the manual details. The remotes are in the manual too, schematics and parts lists.

I have had great customer service there as well. Availability of manuals is superb. They are local for me also, I picked up everything at will call

I would like to get into the service menu on my RX-Z9 to tweek the PEQ which once set in the autoeq, is not user adjustable. Does your manual tell the code (series of buttons to push) on the remote to access the service menu and if so, what is it?

Thanks

The manuals do have code tests. The T-1000 tuner and the DSP-100 surround processor have test modes the manual details. The remotes are in the manual too, schematics and parts lists.

Call Yamaha and ask them to fax you the page that tells how to do that. I asked them for the exploded diagram for the mechanism and they faxed it right over to me. They would probably do that for you.

Try this out as well
    http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/p...eset_RX-Z9.pdf

Thanks.

Most companies are very hesitant to give out the service menu code cause you can get in there and do some serious mischevious.

If I do get in there and stuff gets out of kilter, at least now I know how to restore it.

Call Yamaha and ask them to fax you the page that tells how to do that. I asked them for the exploded diagram for the mechanism and they faxed it right over to me. They would probably do that for you.

Try this out as well
    http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/p...eset_RX-Z9.pdf

Thread Information