Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
I want to spend more time away from this, finish Project May, finish some other projects people have been waiting for, work on some backend projects for the website. The forums themselves just aren't getting anywhere and the information has either been lost or buried. Fortunately it's all still in my head and a few forum members have commited it to theirs as well
Indeed. As someone who has spent the last year trying to find and work with the information here, I attest it is enormously difficult and frustrating using "Search" to get at it. It's unlikely I've ever found all, or even the best of it, for that matter, on any one subject of interest, and it's quite impossible to read the entire forum anymore, of course. (Yes, friends, it was once possible....)

At least with respect to technical subject matter, I believe there's substantial benefit yet to be realized from consolidating information into the read-only "Technical Reference" section. As example, we've had a recent discussion regarding 5235 crossovers and their filter cards. Apparently, considerable work was previously done on documenting this, with input from Harman. I can't find it, rather, only fragmented portions in numerous threads. No doubt this is disappointing for those who (him who) put forth the effort to compile and post it here in the first place, as expressed in Giskard's lament above.

If it were available in "Tech Ref" for all to efficiently access, the time and effort of repeatedly reposting portions of the information in response to individual inquiries on the forums could be dedicated instead to more substantive discussions of issues relating to application. I was not aware of the existence of FFBREQ cards, and I'm approaching 5235 from a new perspective now that I have "discovered" them; I'm gonna have a fun time now figuring out how to make some at N/A 1 kHz. I've also recently learned there's 24 dB/octave "active" options available, too.

From reading the forums, it's clear that some members feel there's benefit to keeping technical information arcane and difficult. You've got to "pay the price" for access. I don't see that advancing the larger purpose here, is all. There's much more benefit for everyone to be derived from operating at their "leading edge" with more of that knowledge immediately at hand.

Again, I'm only citing 5235 as illustration. There's a broader range of applicability to technical information access here....