Thread: "EROS" anyone know these???

Devo391

Unhappy "EROS" anyone know these???

In the late 70's I had a pair of these huge PA Moniters with a badge on the front that said "EROS". They were part of four monitors that were used at the Playboy resort recording studio in Lake Geneva, WI. They stood about 4+ feet tall on large castors, two (if memory serves correctly) 14" bottom end driver mounted diagonally with silver dust caps and most importantly of all these had two of biggest sectoral midrange horns I have seen and I was told by people that saw them that were Altec VOTT horns. The cabinet was covered in black leather grain vinyl and the front featured the prettiest 60's looking blue mesh with silver threading. I can send a scanned image of one of these to anyone interested in helping me, it was taken in about 1979 and shows one on shag carpet! with foam stuffed in each sector of the horn. I sold these in 1986 and have been kicking myself ever since.
    Thank you, Joe.

Devo391

"EROS" anyone know these???

Yes except mine had the large alten Lansing horns on top and much prettier blue grills. Thank you for spotting that on eBay, the emblem is identical. J.D.

Thread Information