Thread: LE25 measurements?

LE25 measurements?

I am looking for performance measurements of the le25 tweeter. I am looking for resistance, inductance, impedance curve, resonant frequency, response, dispersion, etc...I was recently forced to replace a orange suspension le25 with a black one. What is the difference? Thanks!

Nightbrace
    There are several versions, the LE25, LE25-2, LE25-4, they vary very little. What speaker are you planning on using them in? Crossovers?

There was also a LE20 which wasn't quite as good. The later version, the LE26 got away from the foam fronts and they were nearly identical in sound, I like the LE25-4 the best, they go a little bit higher

I have no access to any of the specs, sorry. They go flat (LE25-4) to about 17,500 is all I know from everyday use.

I have le25's in my L100's. I had to replace one, and was wondering about substitutes, if absolutely necessary. Also considering L100 crossover enhancements...

Nightbrace
    I like the LE25-4 the best, instead of updating the crossovers, try replacing the midranges with LE5-6/8/10/12's/ To me these are the best sounding vintage JBL bookshelf speakers I have heard with this combo.

The tweeters you have should be okay with these mids as well. The difference is very minimal, truth be told I doubt you'll even notice the difference. Leave them in, just make sure the foam rings are in good condition.

However the LE5-2 mids are what give the L100's their signature sound. And as I said replacing the tweeter will not do much, messing with the crossover will probably make things worse, unless you really know what you are doing..

I'd leave them alone,. and like I said try the other mids I suggested.

What exactly is the problem with them now, what are you looking to achieve?

Nightbrace
    Just wondering if you've decided on anything, there are plenty of crossover suggestions as well to improve not only the sound, but the reliability, I can find the threads for you if needed, they seem simple enough.

I'm looking for simple tweaks, and am considering the crossover mod from speaker builder. I would need le25 measurements to redesign the tweeter crossover.

Thread Information