Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EV Sentry III

Very nice. Do you use any low frequency EQ? There was an optional electronic equalizer model SEQ for them that extended the 3dB down point from 40 Hz to 28Hz. I think there was also a cover that reduced the port size if you used the EQ.

I've got a pair of EV Interface C speakers which still play perfectly after more than 30 years. The foam lens on the tweeters has disintegrated but the drivers are still in great shape even after being hooked up to a Carver M1.5t for a couple of decades until I got tired of fixing the Carver.[/QUOTE]

============================================

Sorry response is a bit late lol ... No i do not use low frequency EQ . Optional electro equal model SEQ for them ? i do not know if you can tell me more about it will be appreciated ...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    There was an optional electronic equalizer model SEQ for them that extended the 3dB down point from 40 Hz to 28Hz. I think there was also a cover that reduced the port size if you used the EQ.
    Confirmed...I also own a pair of Sentry III (made in Switzerland, does anybody know when EV build the Sentry III there for the European market?)
    Last year I found a studio version (19") of the SEQ-3 which I modified fitting the original parameters of the Sentry III SEQ (changing some resistors).
    I also closed the lower opening. The cover for this can be found sometimes screwed inside on the bottom of the Sentries.

It sounds so much better with SEQ-3 and mounted cover, not comparable with the sound before.
    Just try to find one of this SEQ-3. If anybody wants to know which resistors have to be changed with which values, please ask me, then I will search for my notes.

Cheers
    Ralf[/QUOTE]

==================

Thank you for this informations

Thread Information